Flint_Jeff
Flint_Jeff New Reader
12/23/14 8:31 a.m.

First time, long time here. Right around this time last year, while we were at NC Museum of Art's Porsche exhibit, my father was bemoaning the fact that he was never going to see the 24 Hours of Le Mans in person. I'm going to fix that in 2015 as a Christmas gift for the old man.

Any words of GRM wisdom on where to stay or things to do in preparation for the 24 Hours?

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
12/23/14 8:43 a.m.

No words of wisdom from me, but I have to say what an awesome Christmas present that is. You will be going with him right?

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/23/14 8:53 a.m.

The british guys I used to work with went and camped there.. Mostly a giant party scene. Suggest you not do the same unless you like stepping in recycled carlings.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/23/14 10:46 a.m.

I recommend going with Travel Destinations. We used them for our visit to the Classic a few years back and stayed in the Flexotel village. It's a perfect setup for people flying in, there's no need for a car to get to the circuit and you can take public transit from the Le Mans train station. You can take the tram into town as well. Less expensive than the hotels but a big step up from a tent - and waterproof You're part of a little community, too. Email them for prices, the ones on the website include ferries from the UK which you won't need.

http://www.lemansrace.com/le-mans-24-hours/prices/on-circuit-options/travel-destinations-flexotel-village-cabins/

As for stuff to do, the real Le Mans is different from the Classic so I'm not a good guide there. Be prepared to walk, be prepared for the rain (it always rains at Le Mans...) and be prepared for long lineups at the concession stands.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GuSwoNDnwCidPeHy8Mu4pUdAeJcnEQB0v4oATK5ALR5gUIr1fMokirr6yopncvPN