sesto elemento
sesto elemento Dork
3/7/15 5:50 p.m.

A friend of mine is looking at a 95 eurovan/westfalia with 150k and wanted some advise on what the price should be. The rig he's looking at is supposedly in perfect working condition and is cosmetically very, very nice inside and out. It has a stove, sink, 120v outlets, the works. What motor is in these things, an inline 5 of some sort? It's an audi motor or something right not a vr5? I looked around the web and it seems like theyre all over the place price wise, what's this thing worth and what are the common failures? Thanks!

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
3/7/15 6:32 p.m.

They later came with a V6 of various rated power, I think the early 5-cylinders were rated at 104 hp, the later ones up to 200. They actually come in two distinct varieties:

Weekender version, which was converted by Westfalia, is standard length Eurovan with two rows of rear benches, which turn into a bed, a folding table, a small cooler/fridge, and a pop top for sleeping in.

Camper version - which has the stove, fridge, one row of rear benches that converts to bed, and a pop top for sleeping. It's a stretched wheelbase that turns VERY slowly.

That's what I know.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/15 6:59 p.m.

I think Winnebago converted some of those as well. I'm more a Vanagon guy, so I can't comment on the later models.

thesamba.com is the center of knowledge.

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
3/7/15 9:44 p.m.

Forgot to mention - all of the Eurovan "camper" were converted by Winnebago, not Westfalia.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
3/7/15 11:37 p.m.

Last time i looked, which was a few years ago, looked like it took 10k minimum to get into a good one.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GaCL7QGudz93gmGAyfL2AzRjyyr6qmwedWUhduXVIOtZsfKs0DabNczhOukFOPNd