OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/12/15 5:30 p.m.

Dear Hive,

I swore I'd never lease again, but I'm a liar evidently. After owning a van for ten years, we leased a 2014 Accord for a very attractive deal. My other car is 11 and kicking just fine.

So wife is one year into a 36 month lease that allows 12k miles per year. At the present rate, she will be about 4k over, per year.

I'm not gonna get rid of her and she's not gonna ride a bicycle to work, so I'm curious about my other options.

I know I can pay the predetermined overage rate at lease end, or buy the car. But that's the easy solution and the easy solution isn't cheap.

I've heard that dealers sometimes will take a car back early.. or with too many miles, if you lease another from them. Does anyone have experience with alternative end-of-lease solutions like this, in this situation?

Thanks

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/12/15 5:47 p.m.

It may be worth checking if there's a way to renegotiate the lease for a higher mileage allowance (of course at extra cost, but anything you do now is likely to cost extra). When we looked at leasing an Evo vs buying I recall that there were two lease offers, one for the "low annual miles" of 12k and a 15k option.

Of course I might be talking out of my posterior here.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bxyv47e9FhKAS0e9QlFGKilw4lrTuZusMdyCbmbK6xogo6FnzSK6WPgnHOCnbd3K