tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
9/26/14 2:10 p.m.

I am positive that Jay would allow an exception.

Ronnie Schreiber wrote: It can’t be registered because as a prototype show car, it’s being sold without a VIN, on a bill of sale.

www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/09/ford-wont-make-can-buy-2002-lincoln-continental-concept/

Someone with cash needs to do this.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/26/14 3:25 p.m.

I really like the trunk lid idea.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
9/26/14 4:39 p.m.

Man he has some of the best T-Birds in the world for sale. I want one.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
9/26/14 7:24 p.m.
tuna55 wrote: I am positive that Jay would allow an exception.
Ronnie Schreiber wrote: It can’t be registered because as a prototype show car, it’s being sold without a VIN, on a bill of sale.
www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/09/ford-wont-make-can-buy-2002-lincoln-continental-concept/ Someone with cash needs to do this.

Sell it someplace outside the USA with MONEY... like Dubai... might get yourself 6 figures from rich guy who likes owning the only one of anything.... for a prototype barge like that....

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
9/26/14 7:49 p.m.

I think it's a nice looking car. Maintainability issues aside, i'm pretty sure i'd rather have that big sedan than any lincoln actually produced in the last 40 years.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
9/27/14 12:51 a.m.

doesn't LeMons have a rule that every car has to have been offered as a street legal vehicle at some point?

mistanfo
mistanfo UltraDork
9/28/14 1:28 p.m.

Lincoln did make a street legal Continental, for many years. I'd bet it would be allowed, just because of how awesome it is. If you were willing to submit to to the carnage that those races see...

novaderrik wrote: doesn't LeMons have a rule that every car has to have been offered as a street legal vehicle at some point?
novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
9/28/14 2:24 p.m.

they sold a lot of Continentals on various chassis over the decades, but they never sold THAT Continental on that chassis..

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/28/14 2:29 p.m.

I bet the judges would let it slide just to watch a high dollar piece of iron like that get smashed.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
9/28/14 5:44 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: I really like the trunk lid idea.

That trunk lid idea has been pretty common in the show/tuner scene for years. Even a bunch of guys with Maximas have it like that.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
emENVu6Z8RXA1QNzFBMhM6ak4rsMVFuowSP5TkLirSeg7E2mVaMEgNEgxuoFy1k8