1 2
GCrites80s
GCrites80s Reader
5/5/18 10:01 a.m.
Cousin_Eddie said:

Relax the torsion bars in the front and put 3 inch lowering blocks in the rear and they're perfect.

Back in 1991 in the height of the minitruck craze I used to drive a nice lowrider truck and worked as a mechanic in a shop right down the road from the high school. I can't count the number of high schooler kids that had trucks like those and they'd see mine sitting at the shop and stop in to get me to lower them. They'd drop them off on the way to school in the morning and I'd have it lowered and sitting pretty out by the road when they came by after school to pick it up. I did a pile of them, Mazdas, Nissans, Isuzus...

STILLEN!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/5/18 6:37 p.m.

I regularly drive an 87 B2000 (horrible smog carb and vacuum lines galore).  Still a great and reliable little truck.  Trans is nice, I do a lot of heal toe double clutch downshifts just for fun (trans has synthetic in it now).  250,000 miles.  Rebuilt motor around 210 because of leaky valve guides.  Average mpg is around 22.  Not great for doing 80 on the highway, but will do it.  It’s an AC truck, which is a big bonus.

Other than the rebuild, the biggest issue was needing to rebuild snag carb.  Not an issue for most.  There is a Weber swap available for smog free areas.

Pre 87 are a different design.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dHKDWp7litZtUqAfBZ3LbHu8pHKd7qn5ifoFZUVaCdMCaj7F2UybAGsSX0l2vfB9