1 2
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/11/23 8:38 p.m.

I wouldn’t call it lethargic but it definitely lacks the snap of a Civic Si. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/11/23 9:01 p.m.

Sounds like a good car but having owned a 2016 and now a 2022 Outback, the CVT is a deal killer for me. Even if they managed to figure out durability.. a CVT still feels like a slug.

I've never even driven a DSG or PDK trans - this opinion is based purely on my 4cyl 2012 Highlander's six speed auto that is perfectly matched for that heavy beast.

A well programmed and ratio'd auto is just so much better than a CVT. Come on Subaru!

David S. Wallens
10/12/23 9:38 a.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Check out a twin-clutch transmission as they can be all kinds of awesome: crisp shifts with sport modes that actually perform as hoped. 

David S. Wallens
10/12/23 11:20 a.m.

The Subaru goes away shortly, so a few more observations.

First, I can’t remember seeing a cold idle this high. (Also, I just noticed the double warning for the door ajar.)

David S. Wallens
10/12/23 11:21 a.m.

And with 8200 miles on the odometer, do we care that the floor mats are already showing signs of wear? 

David S. Wallens
10/12/23 11:22 a.m.

Or that the center console no longer looks new? The camera slightly exagerates the scratches, but they’re difinitely visable. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
10/12/23 12:59 p.m.

Piano Black trim in cars is one of the worst design trends ever. It looks trashed after a few hundred miles. 

livinon2wheels
livinon2wheels GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/14/23 4:01 p.m.

I hope my BRZ wears better than this...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yyvwOrCXSPoMycZDeWKLKH5oHedP94S6VumBHHNcfDRuCPil5MxaE9Rf7aKA0JED