CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Reader
1/25/09 2:15 p.m.

I have been working on my Miata a lot recently and there are two things that i cannot tackle at home. I want to weld in a patch panel for the rocker rust. I dont have a welder at home and am a little nervous about doing it.

The other thing is my resonator is shot and i want to weld in a new one. This i dont mind doing but i dont have the right tools.

Anyone have the knowhow and tools to help me out? I can help out with work that you need done and can trade beer or whatever.

I have projects but i dont have all the knowhow. Can anyone help me out?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
1/25/09 3:33 p.m.

PM me Kid, if I'm not mistaken you are interested in helping a Challenge effort also?

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/25/09 5:34 p.m.

wanna drive it to medina? i'll help you out.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Reader
1/26/09 8:26 p.m.

medina is doable but not till spring probably. car not insured and not trailer...

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/27/09 6:40 a.m.

Please take this with a grain, but:

If you don't have the correct tools there you should think about moving the car to where there are tools so it can be worked on.

INSURE YOUR CAR! Put full coverage on it and then tell the insurance company you are storing it for the winter. It will cost you a few bucks per month but if the garage burns down then your assets are covered.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Reader
1/27/09 7:21 a.m.

I have the car insured for that kinda of sitatuion but no bodily insurance so i cant "legally" drive it around. I already thought of all this.

Thanks though John

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ky90XvU4ekrQ87p8uAQJ91VJjrelfHvcoLeEW8lbD7lReILydfIraWUsNbDFtDIw