jrflying
jrflying New Reader
4/14/16 3:25 p.m.

I really like the Ford Fusion but not finding anything that I like in my price range. I'm familiar with the reliability of the Ford. What are some comparable cars with good reliability? What is the Hyundai Sonata like?

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
4/14/16 3:29 p.m.

Sonata/Optima are nice cars--lots of bells and whistles for the money and a great warranty.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/14/16 3:30 p.m.

Uhh... What are you looking for specifically? Age limit? Price range? What are you doing with it as a DD (carting kids or towing a boat or just yourself)? Mileage limit? MPG requirements?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
4/14/16 3:34 p.m.

I can't say anything good about the Sonata. We got my wife a brand-new 2011 Sonata Limited with the 2.0 TGDI engine. After about a half-dozen trips back to the dealership on a rollback, we decided to cut our losses and trade it. Most of the trouble centered around the transmission, but it had some other electrical woes as well. Interior fit and finish was fairly shoddy also, if that's important to you.

She's in a 2013 Accord V6 now, and it's been flawless.

jrflying
jrflying New Reader
4/14/16 3:40 p.m.

Driving to 25 miles each way to work and picking the kid up from school. She is still in a coward facing car seat. Looking for comfort, mpg in 30's, 2013 or newer, under $17k, less than 50k miles.

jrflying
jrflying New Reader
4/14/16 3:42 p.m.

The plan is to drive it for 3 years and then trade in on a new F-150 after I stop paying for private preschool. I prefer a mid-size or larger since I am 6'2 with a tall child also.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/14/16 3:55 p.m.

How late was the 2.4L available in the sonata? Just checked it it's been updated with direct injection, but the bullet proof lump is still available, that's your answer.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/14/16 4:00 p.m.

That'll get you into an CamCord pretty easily around here if either of those interest you. Heck, You can usually get into a nearly new or new altima as well for that much with just the base equipment.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
4/14/16 9:14 p.m.

I really liked the fusions, interior was nice, had good acceleration and road manners, not a bad place to spend an hour a day.

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Reader
4/14/16 10:22 p.m.

Mazda6?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yElVfvZUseONEefh82QbtIyaA1e8rw3PAtgQGhTFIt4zwjRdUoauzY2V5orNsQPT