1 2
Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/18/13 4:25 p.m.

I wouldn't. Unfortunately, i don't know what i'd do with the GN after i bought it, since daily driving one of those isn't real high on my list of things to do.

OSULemon
OSULemon New Reader
9/18/13 4:49 p.m.

Bank decided to make me wait to cash a check, so it looks like I have a few more days to think about it. Seems like if I have to think this hard about it, it may not be the car for me. Who knew car buying could be this stressful...

beans
beans HalfDork
9/18/13 6:11 p.m.

I wouldn't touch it. Find a bone-stock car.

OSULemon
OSULemon New Reader
9/18/13 6:23 p.m.
beans wrote: I wouldn't touch it. Find a bone-stock car.

I'm back to the Miata I was looking at earlier this week. Half as much money, twice the fun?

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/13 6:54 p.m.

This Saab 9-3 Arc Turbo has promise at the Meotter's price point.

Integra

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
9/18/13 7:02 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Seriously though, better cars for the money.

How exactly is an RSX better?

I guess they are slightly more practical, but from a performance standpoint? I'd take the not-E36 M3ty suspension and a few hundred lbs less weight thank you

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/18/13 7:20 p.m.

I don't do modified cars for dd duty. Especially cars that are popular with younger kids.

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
9/18/13 7:36 p.m.

Im having a hard time relating to very much in this thread. Im thinking i agree with about 10% of the statements at most.

I guess my question is, will I be disappointed that I didn't get a Civic ten years newer for the same price?

Keep in mind a 94 Integra is basically the same as an 01 integra and an 04 civic is not much different from an 01 civic either. I assume you're speaking from a 'years = wear' perspective but design wise i dont actually think a 94 integra and an 04 civic are as far removed as one might guess. Having worked on a lot of those civics and my mom having owned an 01 Integra, i would say the Integra is the superior car in several mostly subjective ways. As you say, "smiles per mile". There is no way i'd take an 04 civic over a 94 integra if all else was equal.

Also since i happen to be a k-car 'expert' i'll go ahead and point out that that Charger can make 350-400hp the way it's set up, which could equate to a mid-11, maybe low-11 second 1/4mile in a car that weight. It would probably need a better clutch (just a stiffer pressure plate, really) to hold the kind of launch that would let you get 100% out of it. The clutch that's in it may not be able to get out of the 12s. So in other words, that car can go faster with the parts that are already on it, BY FAR, than anything else posted in this thread so far. I know that's not a big consideration.. im just pointing it out.

OSULemon
OSULemon New Reader
9/18/13 7:38 p.m.

What about this Miata?

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/4061993940.html

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
9/18/13 7:48 p.m.

It looks exceedingly boring compared to a lot of the other stuff in this thread. Price looks good. Meh.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
9/18/13 7:51 p.m.
OSULemon wrote: What about this Miata? http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/4061993940.html

Damn... tempted to fly out to KC and buy it out from under you. Wish I could find a '99 like that around here (I suck at searching CL).

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
9/18/13 7:55 p.m.

That looks like a damn nice Miata for the money. Can you paint?

OSULemon
OSULemon New Reader
9/18/13 8:10 p.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote: That looks like a damn nice Miata for the money. Can you paint?

Better. I'm a product engineer for 3M 1080 car wrap.

OSULemon
OSULemon New Reader
9/18/13 8:17 p.m.

That + http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/4067415412.html

for $750 more than I was going to spend on the Integra, one DD, one project car...

I already looked at the '90, and it was good except for paint and the lowered part.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/18/13 9:26 p.m.

I'd be all over that NB.

OSULemon
OSULemon New Reader
9/18/13 9:55 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I'd be all over that NB.

Tempted to get both the NB and the NA...

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/4067415412.html

I think I fit in here after all.

jdbuilder
jdbuilder Reader
9/19/13 6:16 a.m.
OSULemon wrote:
Junkyard_Dog wrote: That looks like a damn nice Miata for the money. Can you paint?

Hey buddy, I think we can be friends! Lol that's awesome!

I wouldn't get both miatas, get the green one (nb?) then keep an eye out for a more practical dd in the future.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/19/13 7:10 a.m.

Honestly if the guy would tell the shop that did the work and the shop is a good one, I would buy the Teggy.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/19/13 8:00 a.m.

I would buy a nice CUV and forget all this turbo sports car madness!

Darren Vannoy
Darren Vannoy Marketing Assistant
9/19/13 10:20 a.m.

I owned a 99 GSR back in the day, I really hate I ever sold it. They are great, well built cars. Asking an older car not to break is just not gonna happen. You'll have small things go wrong on any older car, that's just the way it works. Mine was good to me, only had a few things go wrong, though none hindered me from daily driving. Awesome handling cars with the right suspension, too.

Here's mine:  photo CIMG3691.jpg

OSULemon
OSULemon New Reader
9/19/13 4:25 p.m.
jdbuilder wrote:
OSULemon wrote:
Hey buddy, I think we can be friends! Lol that's awesome! I wouldn't get both miatas, get the green one (nb?) then keep an eye out for a more practical dd in the future.

That's what I'm thinking. From checking around, it looks like the '99 Sport is one of the more desireable Miatas. Might as well drive it, see if I like it, and I can make it a project in the future if I choose.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
voa2L5Lj4fWZ5STTeEwq0kb92HT8RzDwxj4I9GxhzrimFoGmXOgfYOIz2ETFuWC7