1 2
J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
9/7/23 2:38 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Amazing. As an aside, one time I was driving through Penn Yan I saw a ton of classic cars. I don't know if there was a car show or something of that nature, but they were everywhere.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
9/7/23 3:57 p.m.

In reply to J.A. Ackley :

If it was this same weekend (the weekend after Labor Day) it's vintage car weekend here. 

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
11/23/23 9:27 a.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard :

If you're still looking for options, I went to school with a guy who opened up a vineyard in Geneva, NY (along Seneca Lake) about 15 years ago. I was talking to him last night and telling him about the classic car tour, and he seemed really enthusiastic about it. If you want to contact him, here's the website for their vineyard:

https://www.zugibevineyards.com/

Talk to Brendan, mention you heard about them from me.   I have his business card, PM me if you want his phone number. 

Related, we were driving through the area yesterday, and along County Rd 12 on the west side of Canandaigua lake there is an overlook with a spectacular view. Would make a great stop and picture opportunity for the tour. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Uvue58HUvuAvGikG9

7083 Co Rd 12, Naples, NY 14512

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
11/23/23 7:23 p.m.

I'm a little late to the party, but I am hoping the Watkins Glen state park was a stop.  Walking the actual Glen is spectacular and almost none of the car folk I personally know have ever done it. For those who think they are too lazy, there is a shuttle you can take to the top, then walk down.

If you've never been search the state park name and click images!! while the images are spectacular, they dont do the place justice.

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Dork
11/23/23 7:43 p.m.

Drink white wine. Lots of white wine.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
obWh61yZ3VgsTtxUj9BC3bfNYWqtnGRQwzCoCFe4ramHotnG5Qdgq1NhQOl0Co0J