Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
9/27/24 10:02 a.m.

Looking to buy a local Neon SRT4 here in Pittsburgh. Body is roached due to rust but it has lowish miles and a "mint" interior, good transmission with no grinds and sound engine. I can get the car for $1500. 

Is there meat on the bone here? I typically part SVT Foci for "fun" money but haven't found a decent deal lately unless I drive to Michigan or Ohio. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/27/24 11:56 a.m.

Lots of guys want to update any number of earlier Mopar products with the powertrain, and there's all sorts of little parts that are tough to find.  I bought a crashed one and put all the stuff in a RT body a few years back.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/24 12:04 p.m.

How bad is the rust? You might be able to flip it for more money in Ohio.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/24 12:14 p.m.

Is it a couple shades of red? 

I think you could make your money back, but you might need to eBay some stuff instead of just local marketplace. 

To be fair to saying "local market place", I haven't seen transmissions or interior bits listed locally at all, so there may well be a big demand for them. 

I did see a stock, running 2.4T listed at $400 that was gone in a day, while a set of stock heads has been up for $200 for quite a while now. 

Honestly the wheels, interior, and suspension, look a bit better than mine, but I'm not in a position to buy parts right now.

No sooner did I hit post here than to have this pop up 

amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter)
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/27/24 1:43 p.m.

Seems like too high of a starting price for a part out

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
9/27/24 2:05 p.m.

Is the rear spoiler still good?  cheeky

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JQtUrJkQAJZz2F0E94riXhOHM4Pla1DLDbThu2fHCl4qlcQ9cLTRcebWZu8bC69h