wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/5/12 8:49 a.m.

Are the captions messed up in the first couple of pages in the newest mag? Mine seems to mention something about adding a couple of cylinders to a Porsche but shows a picture of a "something else that I can't quite identify". Also, the "Stuck on You" section doesn't seem to go with the picture.

Is it just me?

Rob

Ranger50
Ranger50 Dork
1/5/12 8:51 a.m.

Nope not the only one...

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/is-a-taurus-a-miata-or-is-a-miata-a-taurus/43738/page1/

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
1/5/12 8:52 a.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr:

I noticed that too.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/5/12 12:00 p.m.

Yeah, the color proofs look good, but we have a bad feeling that some links somehow got broken. I'll ask JG to post a more technically correct answer. Sorry about that.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
1/5/12 12:22 p.m.

I noticed a photo of a 1970-1973 Pontiac Firebird where the caption referred to it as a Camaro.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
1/5/12 12:54 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Yeah, the color proofs look good, but we have a bad feeling that some links somehow got broken. I'll ask JG to post a more technically correct answer. Sorry about that.

We screwed a couple things up. It happens.

jg

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
1/5/12 12:58 p.m.

Okay, what actually happened in a couple cases is that some photos were renamed with names that had been used previously (like "Stuck on You" for example). When the file went looking for the photo called "Stuck on You" it grabbed a photo with the same name from a previous issue. Maybe a drive didn't spin up fast enough, maybe a cable was loose, who knows. We're now adding date tags to file names on recurring items, or even items with names that may be so generic we'll use them again (Like "Man using spring compressor.jpg").

Computers are stupid.

jg

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
1/5/12 1:10 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: Computers are stupid. jg
Read in Hal Voice: Im not amused J.G.

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel HalfDork
1/5/12 1:18 p.m.

I'm sure I'm starting something here that I will deeply, deeply regret, but...

"I'm afraid you can't put an LS in that, Dave."

unevolved
unevolved Dork
1/5/12 1:57 p.m.

For all of our FSAE stuff, we append a date to EVERY file in the form of YYYYMMDD. Helps keep stuff like that from happening, Solidworks is terrible with references if part names are the same.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JBzY65c3cNADpwO3rxhk4l2ruMbC8ycEsIFSC53ozyqJjUnqigBtJRS8gcQMF4aE