1 2
Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/26/23 9:25 p.m.

Yes I will.  On 8/27/23 I am getting a 1995 Miata.

I guess I have to clean out the garage to make room for the car.

Vroom vroom it is.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/26/23 9:30 p.m.

This thread needs more pitchers...

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
8/26/23 9:31 p.m.

In reply to Noddaz :

Welcome to the dark side.......you will never be released.

They are addictive little buggers.

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
8/26/23 9:55 p.m.

In reply to Noddaz :

Resistance is futile...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/23 12:01 a.m.

Can't find the Miata FMJ meme for anything...

This will have to do:

calteg
calteg SuperDork
8/27/23 8:07 a.m.

NA miata is  best miata

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/27/23 8:09 a.m.

Congrats! I recently picked up one and I'm picking up another one soon. They're addicting.

Noddaz
8/27/23 2:40 p.m.

No pictures at this point.  The Miata has come to my house.  Checked fluids.  Cold start up lifter tap went away.  Aired up the tires.

And then my son who is home on leave borrowed it because he has nothing to drive on this coast.  

*ah ha!*  I found a couple of pictures on my computer.  This is the Miata I tried to sell.

She needs some rust fixed and she needs some paint.  But it is a start.

mainlandboy
mainlandboy HalfDork
8/27/23 6:21 p.m.
Noddaz said:

Vroom vroom it is.

Zoom zoom? smiley

Congrats! I've had my 1990 Miata for about 14 years, and don't foresee ever selling it.

Noddaz
8/27/23 7:54 p.m.
mainlandboy said:
Noddaz said:

Vroom vroom it is.

Zoom zoom? smiley

Congrats! I've had my 1990 Miata for about 14 years, and don't foresee ever selling it.

What a Miata newb I am.  Of course Zoom Zoom.  laugh

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/23 8:04 p.m.

95 mother berkeleying M edition.  Nice first Miata.

Noddaz
8/27/23 8:38 p.m.

Thank you!  I certainly hope so.  She is a mess at the moment.  And all it takes is time and money to fix that.

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/27/23 9:27 p.m.

Nice find.  Bonus points if you can find a set of the original BBS wheels that would have come on that car.  Best Miata wheels evar...

Noddaz
8/28/23 7:16 a.m.
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) said:

Nice find.  Bonus points if you can find a set of the original BBS wheels that would have come on that car.  Best Miata wheels evar...

The show up locally from time to time.  Of course, less frequently than they used to.

Made my first Miata parts purchase!  Oil, filter and wiper blades.  And since the Miata has a 14mm drain plug I will use Honda drain plug washers.

It looks like the first real repair will be the high mounted stop lamp.  It seems the left trunk hinge cut the wires at some point in the past and someone made a shoddy repair.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/28/23 7:47 a.m.

Welcome. 

Nathan JansenvanDoorn
Nathan JansenvanDoorn Dork
8/28/23 7:50 a.m.

I've had a miata (1997), sold it 10 years ago and still kick myself. I'm pretty sure my next fun car will be another. Great cars!

Noddaz
8/28/23 8:45 a.m.

I have sort of figured out that probably the biggest single thing I can do to this car (?) is maintain it and otherwise leave it alone.

CrashDummy
CrashDummy Reader
8/28/23 9:38 a.m.
Noddaz said:

I have sort of figured out that probably the biggest single thing I can do to this car (?) is modify it for track use and have fun running it hard.

Fixed it for you...

Noddaz
8/28/23 10:55 a.m.
CrashDummy said:
Noddaz said:

I have sort of figured out that probably the biggest single thing I can do to this car (?) is modify it for track use and have fun running it hard.

Fixed it for you...

I like it!  Why didn't I think of that?

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/28/23 3:07 p.m.

One of us, one of us...

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/28/23 3:42 p.m.
Noddaz said:
mainlandboy said:
Noddaz said:

Vroom vroom it is.

Zoom zoom? smiley

What a Miata newb I am.  Of course Zoom Zoom.  laugh

IIRC it was vroom vroom in Quebec. I used to have a hat with that on it, lost it on a hike.

Looks like a great start! Here's my suggestion:

chaparral
chaparral SuperDork
8/29/23 11:05 a.m.

In reply to Noddaz :

I'd probably polish it first! 

dr_strangeland
dr_strangeland GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/29/23 3:51 p.m.

So good. Welcome to the madness.

94 and 95 cars still have the turbo oil feed on the exhaust side of the engine block. For what that's worth. I'm just saying.

calteg
calteg SuperDork
8/29/23 5:59 p.m.

95's are an interesting  year. Last year of OBDI,  which might make  them easier to modify. Also slides in under the 25 year rule, which likely means you're emissions exempt (might have to get historic/vintage plates). But you  lose the real oil pressure sender  that the 94's had

HopmanJones
HopmanJones Reader
8/29/23 10:25 p.m.
calteg said:

95's are an interesting  year. Last year of OBDI,  which might make  them easier to modify. Also slides in under the 25 year rule, which likely means you're emissions exempt (might have to get historic/vintage plates). But you  lose the real oil pressure sender  that the 94's had

I have 95 that is turbocharged, using the handy dandy oil feed in the block and the OBD1 is nice. It installed an oil pressure gauge from an NA6. I also have a 97. Both have antique tags. Good times. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IFSDL73F5R3NxjjU7P3B1lM0JkkaQAHQntrlH4TcvUMmneD1s0M7Q2RnCtSStMCn