crazyguy1
crazyguy1
1/30/15 10:37 a.m.

so ive been working with programing (in school again) and lately ive been working on my gm 4.3 (m 90 supercharger project) and i decided i like to run cheap gas in it, so began my project to build a cheap methanol injection kit with a progressive control, would anyone be interested in buying a methanol kit on par with the aem and snow kits (software wise, you would source your own plumbing makeing the kit what ever price of parts you buy) im makeing it a progressive kit as well (thought i should reiterate) would anyone be interested in this? or am i wasteing time in sharing what im doing? im also trying to make it as simple and user friendly as possable by the way

NordicSaab
NordicSaab New Reader
1/30/15 1:59 p.m.

I'm gonna be brutally honest here. I don't think you have a market. Methanol injection is a limited market to begin with and is generally only used by drag racers. While some of the GM guys enjoy the light tree most of us prefer left and right hand turns.

Also, my personal opinion is methanol injection is a work around rather than the right way to do things, much like piggy back engine management.

The only other feedback I will provide is I have a methanol injection kit boxed up in my trailer complete with pump, injector, and controller I pulled off a car I purchased. Ive had it for sale for a year and cant get $50 to unload it.

Best of luck to you.

Will
Will SuperDork
1/30/15 4:10 p.m.

In reply to crazyguy1:

Given what can go wrong if the system fails, people might be reluctant to trust an unproven source. I would.

I say that as a user of meth injection on my Supercoupe.

crazyguy1
crazyguy1 New Reader
1/30/15 10:50 p.m.

the only reason in posting the idea is more for the 2014 etc challange guys i mean this year 2015$ isnt much cash, and running a meth system is just a good cheap way to run higher cylinder pressures safely, im a fan of budget builds so for my project i liked the idea because the only place to get race gas is 50 miles from me, and its none too cheap, so if anyone was interested in it for budget build reasons was more my aim, but i also wanted to know if there was a market for it, expecially since theres a snow injection posting where im at, and those kits are a pretty penny, thanks for the insight though

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LCKzbehB5lfKgTFWfCIVtlgk1G8mjz0QQcyNOl0WwB713GTVTkdksZMq5ykizChD