Capt Slow
Capt Slow Dork
11/3/11 12:46 p.m.

I am really digging the top and turtle deck on this thing.

Joshua
Joshua HalfDork
11/3/11 12:59 p.m.

Ooooo I like that!

cghstang
cghstang HalfDork
11/3/11 1:33 p.m.

I didn't catch it at first but the windshield on that appears to be laid waay back.

Let's see it with someone 6' or taller behind the wheel

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/3/11 1:41 p.m.

Look familiar?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/3/11 1:49 p.m.

Gotta see them together:

Woody
11/3/11 1:50 p.m.

The whole Spyder thing is a dumb, outdated idea, but I like the Miata better.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/3/11 1:55 p.m.

I like what they did to the nose on the car. Nice restyle.

nderwater
nderwater SuperDork
11/3/11 2:01 p.m.

The windshield rake is a little steep for my taste, but I like the hard tonneau and bikini top. Similar aftermarket tops are available already:

Capt Slow
Capt Slow Dork
11/3/11 2:05 p.m.

I love the Porsche spyder so much I could lick it.

I have been pining for a spyder style top on my miata since the roll bar install fiasco I am currently grappling with (I keep meaning to make a thread about it, I will do it.... soon... I think...).

Woody
11/3/11 2:07 p.m.

I'm loving the RWL tires on that thing.

nderwater wrote:
nderwater
nderwater SuperDork
11/3/11 2:10 p.m.

very nascar

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Dork
11/3/11 3:07 p.m.

Park that next to my NA and it looks like the new Dodge Challenger parked next to the early 70s version. Why do they keep making the newer ones bigger and fluffier.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
11/3/11 3:13 p.m.
Snowdoggie wrote: Park that next to my NA and it looks like the new Dodge Challenger parked next to the early 70s version. Why do they keep making the newer ones bigger and fluffier.

Because bigger and fluffier is what 97% of the buying public - and 100% of the government regulations - want.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
11/3/11 3:14 p.m.

VonSmallhausen
VonSmallhausen GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/3/11 3:24 p.m.

I'll take one please does the Miata have the really cool door pulls like the Porsche?

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Dork
11/3/11 4:27 p.m.
Duke wrote:
Snowdoggie wrote: Park that next to my NA and it looks like the new Dodge Challenger parked next to the early 70s version. Why do they keep making the newer ones bigger and fluffier.
Because bigger and fluffier is what 97% of the buying public - and 100% of the government regulations - want.

And they are fully aware that gas costs more than twice as much as it did back when cars are smaller, and this is the same buying public that HELOCed their bigger and fluffier houses into bankruptcy and have nothing saved for retirement, and.....

nevermind. The whole world is crazy.

Carry on.

ThePhranc
ThePhranc Reader
11/3/11 4:44 p.m.

Rather have a fastback Miata. The look that its trying to go for with out actually doing it.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
11/3/11 4:49 p.m.

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
11/3/11 4:55 p.m.

Not the first time Mazda cribbed off of one of Porsche's designs.

Still, I like the Miata Spyder a lot. It's more aggressive than the current car without being over-the-top. Now, Mazda, about that Miata coupe you should be building to fight the Toyobaru...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9bDJ8QtF04M4XuBQ2Ube8wnpCd6gkS1cG53xwmIvoVZeVPUvYOPjlGxkExGzZvbQ