sachilles
sachilles New Reader
8/13/08 4:23 p.m.

Sports Car Club of Vermont is holding a time trial at Saint Lawrence Motor park in Morristown NY Aug 30-31. Details are here including registration forms. sports car club of vermont link The track is a 3/4 mile road course originally designed for go karts. We are there for two days. Format is one car on the track at once(slight overlap of car coming into and leaving the pits). One partial warm up lap, 3 timed laps, and one cool down lap. Cost is $120 for two days, or $60 for one day. It is limited to 25 cars per day to guarantee a lot of time on the track. The course is hard on brakes. This is the perfect gateway drug for the autocrosser that wants to try a track event. Speeds are faster than an autocross, but slower than most tracks. Figure on using the upper end of third gear in 5 speed cars. The track has a tire rule that we must obey. Any car over 2500lbs can not run a tire with a treadwear less than 80(so that makes toyo Ra-1, and R888 the ideal choice). Convertibles(including all open cockpit cars) must have a roll bar that extends above the drivers helmeted head in their normal seated position. Factory hard tops will not count as roll protection. If you have a convertible and want to attend, please make sure you contact me to make absolutely sure you car will be accepted. Free camping is available on site. Shifter Karts are welcome to attend, please contact me for specific safety rules for them. Track info is available at the above link. Pre registration is required, and as of the time of this posting we only have 5 spots left open. Hope to see some of you there.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
8/13/08 4:26 p.m.

You should add it to the Events section.

sachilles
sachilles New Reader
8/13/08 4:28 p.m.

Good idea.....didn't know there was one. Thanks.

pigeon
pigeon New Reader
8/13/08 9:50 p.m.

Sounds cool, but "upstate NY" is a mighty large area. That's still almost 4 hours away from me here in Rochester, while I bet it's less than 2 from NYC. The local BMWCCA chapter runs an "autocross" 3-4 times per year at a 3/4 mile kart track that's an absolute blast. It's 1.5 laps per run, and usually 4 runs each morning and afternoon. I won't autocross my 750Li but I will take it to the last session on this track this year if I can't find a race car sooner.

Overhead view of track here

Scott

sachilles
sachilles New Reader
8/14/08 8:22 a.m.

How about, just across the river from Brockville Ontario. Because we limit it to 25 people we usually get about 12 or so runs a day. I like going there because the course is the same and it can give you a baseline for how you and your car are performing. So if you bring that new hot rod, you can tell if it was any quicker than your old beater. Its a long haul for most. Though we have one person that comes every time from Rhode Island.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UXW1RNyUnGM1vB7YN2ilrnc21wXDXdGk3xnhjIHC28Slh5UIfnjY7nDzT8eZlkwp