1 2 3 4 ... 6
Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/24/08 1:13 p.m.

(Crabill grabs Guido by the collar)

[slapfight]

CRABILL wrote: Mike, No matter how much you spent on your car, I'm not sure you would have a chance in the challenge. Drags you will certainly be seconds slower than the Nelson train. AutoX you will most likely be well off the leaders pace (the leader will most likely have an ultra light well sorted machine). Show.......well just look at last year’s winner, apparently shinny, meticulously fabricated works of art are not the flavor of the day. Looks to me like you should stick to the import crowd. Don't get me wrong, it's a great effort,just don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

[/slapfight]

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/24/08 1:24 p.m.

Quit hatin'.

Unless you've put the same level of time and effort into designing and fabricating a machine, STFU.

That machine does not appear to have been engineered to win a $200x challenge. I doubt it's purpose built to outrun everything on a drag strip or stomp all comers on track, or around pylons.

That does appear to be a really sweet machine that can probably go like stink, be nimble around turns, appears to have creature comforts (nice stereo), and definitely turns heads in a creative, timeless, and tasteful way. The fit and finish looks fantastic. It appears to do a great job of balancing form and function, and although not in the $200x range, almost certainly cost less than a lot of other vehicles.

CRABILL
CRABILL New Reader
7/24/08 1:39 p.m.
Salanis wrote: Quit hatin'. Unless you've put the same level of time and effort into designing and fabricating a machine, STFU.

ARE YOU NEW ??

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
7/24/08 1:50 p.m.

Uh, yeah. That's just Challenge smack talk between two veterans.

Which brings me to: Denny and Mike, that the best you guys can do?!

Margie

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/24/08 1:52 p.m.
CRABILL wrote: ARE YOU NEW ??

Compared to who? I've been on the boards a while. I'm bad with names, and don't know if I'm supposed to be connecting your handle with a $200x winner. I know who Per is (obviously), and would love to see a showdown between the berzerkeley and Minissan. But Per seems to be offering to put his engineering where his mouth is.

Just saying we should appreciate this vehicle for what it is, rather than bashing it for what it wasn't designed to be.

I really like it. I like something like Kimini better, but I like this more than the vast majority cars.

Edit: maybe I sounded less sarcastic than I meant to originally. I'd hoped a stupid phrase like "Quit hatin'," would make it clear that I wasn't being totally serious.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/24/08 1:56 p.m.

I think that should be "Don't bring a light saber to gun fight"

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/24/08 1:58 p.m.

"Flame-thrower to a sniper fight?"

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
7/24/08 2:01 p.m.

That's mostly Denny's engineering on the Berzerkley. I've been too busying making Saabs fly and my wife preggers.

Per

fastclown
fastclown New Reader
7/24/08 2:09 p.m.

Wow! Denny finally grew a pair! No more wearing high cut skirts for you. Of course this is when he doesn't have a car to enter, unless you consider the Turderkly a car. Since when is a train fast at the drags? Minissan might not be the fastest at the strip, but I'm pretty certain it will beat a train. Without any testing or really running it other than around town my only goal is just to stomp on the over engineered, under powered Turderkley, but then that's not much of a challenge. I will now quote a new member "STFU", love it!

Salanis, thanks for standing up to Crabhills rant, he means well, he's just a bitter old man with nothing nice to say.

CRABILL
CRABILL New Reader
7/24/08 2:09 p.m.

2002 1st, 2003 1st, 2004 4th, 2005 Judge, 2006-2007 Berzerkley. But who's countin?

CRABILL
CRABILL New Reader
7/24/08 2:15 p.m.

Careful Mike, I still own the CRX.

fastclown
fastclown New Reader
7/24/08 2:18 p.m.

"2005 Judge" Holey crap a judge, that's kind of like building and entering a car without building and entering a car, kind of like being a spectator with a pencil and paper. Awesome!

"2006-2007 Berzerkley" Holey crap 2 years of a car that didn't run. That's kind of like bringing a car that doesn't run, oh, but the first year it was more like not bringing the car that doesn't run. Awesome!

I love the light saber, but you missed a good opportunity, it should have been an animal balloon; then I would have been totally impressed!

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/24/08 2:20 p.m.
fastclown wrote: "2005 Judge" Holey crap a judge, that's kind of like building and entering a car without building and entering a car, kind of like being a spectator with a pencil and paper. Awesome! "2006-2007 Berzerkley" Holey crap 2 years of a car that didn't run. That's kind of like bringing a car that doesn't run, oh, but the first year it was more like not bringing the car that doesn't run. Awesome! I love the light saber, but you missed a good opportunity, it should have been an animal balloon; then I would have been totally impressed!

I have nothing to add other than Mike you owe me a keyboard. I will work on the baloon.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/24/08 2:22 p.m.
fastclown wrote: I love the light saber, but you missed a good opportunity, it should have been an animal balloon; then I would have been totally impressed!

If you show up, you'll have to twist a balloon into a lightsaber. Are your clowngineering skills up to the challenge?

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/24/08 2:23 p.m.
CRABILL wrote: 2002 1st, 2003 1st, 2004 4th, 2005 Judge, 2006-2007 Berzerkley. But who's countin?

I dunno. Your profile isn't.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/24/08 3:00 p.m.
Salanis wrote:
CRABILL wrote: 2002 1st, 2003 1st, 2004 4th, 2005 Judge, 2006-2007 Berzerkley. But who's countin?

Keerful. Some folks don't need big profiles, ya know whut I mean? As in: don't judge a book by its (lack of) cover.

Crabill, like Margie says you and Guido need to quit messin' around and show us the real meaning of Challenge smacktalk.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/24/08 3:10 p.m.
Jensenman wrote: Keerful. Some folks don't need big profiles, ya know whut I mean? As in: don't judge a book by its (lack of) cover.

Not judging. I wasn't saying he hadn't done anything big. But a profile name isn't enough to go on to indicate what he's done.

Still, Don't be hatin', bro. Why don't we all just chill.

(Having taught junior high students, I am also biased in favor of people who run anti-drug programs.)

CRABILL
CRABILL New Reader
7/24/08 3:33 p.m.

Oddly enough, I wasnt even trying to flame Mike. I was just offering up a bit of advice.

Salanis wrote: Still, Don't be hatin', bro. Why don't we all just chill. (Having taught junior high students, I am also biased in favor of people who run anti-drug programs.)

What do you teach? Home Economics? Knit anything pretty in the last week or two?

Hey Mike, I think you may have found a life partner.

Mike, If I were you, I would be careful about busting someone on how long it takes to build a car. If I remember correctly, the Minissan has been a few years in the making. From what I see, the only thing that it's proven so far is that it can win at a local Hot Import Nights event (after you took an hour and a half to convince the judges).

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/24/08 3:52 p.m.
CRABILL wrote: What do you teach? Home Economics? Knit anything pretty in the last week or two? Hey Mike, I think you may have found a life partner.

Oh, I get it! You're calling me gay. Because it's an insult to call someone gay. That's witty.

(I hope we're still not taking each other too seriously. My sarcasm meter is acting up.)

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/24/08 4:03 p.m.
Salanis wrote:

a valiant attempt to save it, but you spin into the guardrail nonetheless. some of us are on teh intarw3b while others are exercising their sick fab skills.

instead of reading profiles, you should read:

GRM June 2002 GRM August 2003 GRM August 2004

those are just the Challenge articles for those years. i'm sure someone else can chime in with which issues contain the feature on the supercharged 2002, the V8 miata, and the V8 CRX. oh, there was also a series on a project car called the Berzerkeley.

wow, it sounds like i'm a Crabill fanboy. probably because i am.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
7/24/08 4:08 p.m.

Salanis,

I'd hate for you to be the guy picking a fight with the little scrawny kid in the corner......just to find out his name is Bruce Lee.

Mr.Crabill is one of those few guys that has made the challenge special. He is responsible for us having to change the rules nearly every year to keep up with his ingenuity. Think Monster Miata--Crabill involved, or Front engined, rear drive V8 CRX----Crabill built. Think Supercharged 2002----Crabill involved.

If you have been a reader of GRM for more than a few years, you have seen his creations, even if his name isn't familiar.

I'm pretty sure he used to date the Clown as well, hence the animosity.

Just in case you didn't know.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/24/08 4:18 p.m.

Oh geez, I didn't know I was gettin' into a catfight over stealin' his man.

Like I tried to say earlier, I didn't have a way to connect the name "Crabill" to any projects. Not knowing his relation to Guido, I couldn't tell how much of the razzing was friendly or not.

I'm not about to speak ill of anyone's fabrication skills, since I don't particularly have any to speak of. I'm just admiring Minissan for what it is.

Nashco
Nashco Dork
7/24/08 4:33 p.m.
Salanis wrote: I'm not about to speak ill of anyone's fabrication skills, since I don't particularly have any to speak of. I'm just admiring Minissan for what it is.

... a clown car?

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/24/08 4:41 p.m.
Nashco wrote:
Salanis wrote: I'm not about to speak ill of anyone's fabrication skills, since I don't particularly have any to speak of. I'm just admiring Minissan for what it is.
... a clown car?

Big enough for seven skanky hoes.

fastclown
fastclown New Reader
7/24/08 4:43 p.m.

Salanis, I think Crabhill was trying to say you don't have any mechanical skills. I know for a fact that he won't knock/judge anybody for their sexual preference, before he started dating his now wife, he used to date one of my sheep. Watching the 2 of them cutting my yard was so much fun. They used to have so much fun together, he used to call her "baaaaashful" then a woman got in the way, the sheep died of loneliness and my grass is 2' tall.

1 2 3 4 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wwQXoppOMhxPyaTy1cC6OlqrBjERIsYdGyabT8teoyoOqG5TEFALjflb93MOewNG