Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/16/20 12:41 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Awesome!!

Gunchsta
Gunchsta HalfDork
5/16/20 5:10 p.m.

Here's my finished entry. I'm indifferent overall, got a little sloppy on some things. Still fun though. Some great builds in here guys!

Gunchsta said:

Here's my finished entry. I'm indifferent overall, got a little sloppy on some things.

There is a lot of little things I don't like about my car too.  I think each of us is likely our own worst critic.  Knowing what you did amd where to look makes those things stand out. I like your car a lot.  It makes me relive my dream of owning a larger classic to take the family to the drive in, etc.

5/16/20 6:19 p.m.

In reply to Gunchsta :

Clean build! I love the stance and color combo.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/16/20 6:32 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Can we get to see more of Bridgehampton??

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
5/16/20 6:59 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

I posted quite a few pics of it on the slot car thread about a year ago. It is not all Bridgehampton. The western end (as located in basement) is Bridgehampton, the east is Summit Point. Thus it is "Scalehampton", and actually located in Northampton County PA. Track is Scalextric Sport with Trakmate timing. A  photo of the east end below as well as a paddock (west) shot. 52'3" per lap. All of the cars in the lower paddock area are running slot cars. Four of the old sports cars are models of cars that ran in the NE Division during the 1960s including the Janet Guthrie Jag and Jerry Walsh A-H 100/6.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/16/20 7:16 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Why is the debris flag out in the top picture? Did an older Chevy go through there?wink

5/16/20 7:16 p.m.

In reply to Gunchsta :

I like the color? What is it? Looks like garnet to me.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
5/16/20 8:30 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) :

I run a lot of old English sports cars, they are leakier than Chevys or Fords....The real reason though is the constant dust from the dirt walls in my ancient basement!

Benswen
Benswen New Reader
5/16/20 8:45 p.m.

And, finished (please don't touch, the trim is still wet in places...)

Here it is in it's natural state, just after snap-oversteering off the road into the rhubarb:

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/16/20 9:00 p.m.

Ta da.  What should have been a Lil' Red Express Truck, but was missing parts.   I took a mess and turned it into a diorama of a work in process truck.  And the jack and toolbox was part of the kit, no extras!  While not as intended from the box, this is what I made from it.  

Scott

5/16/20 9:21 p.m.

In reply to Benswen :

Ha! Nice story! The Mr. Two looks great.

5/16/20 9:21 p.m.

In reply to noddaz :

Dude! That's awesome! Way to think outside the box!

slowbird
slowbird Dork
5/16/20 9:24 p.m.

One down, one to go. The Saleen has a lot more decals to apply.

I'm happy with how the Cougar turned out. There's a few mistakes, but overall it still looks better than my real car does. laugh These optional "custom" wheels from the kit are vaguely similar to the real-life Thunderbird SC wheels I have on my '91 XR7.

Glamour shots will be added tomorrow perhaps.

Love the project truck! It looks like it's at about page 5 of a build thread here on GRM. laugh

All the builds look great, everyone. And the slot car track too.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
5/16/20 9:28 p.m.

In reply to noddaz :

That is superb! Looks like there is serious rust around the right front suspension mounts, are you sure it is restorable?

5/16/20 9:51 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Awesome!!!! One of the prizes from round 1 had even been finished now! And the purple is sweet!

slowbird
slowbird Dork
5/16/20 11:00 p.m.

And done! Don't touch it, breathe on it, or look at it funny because the decals and glue are still drying.

Talk about a decal-fest. These were fine to put on, but the hash marks are a bit small and I made a mess trying to have them split on the door seam. Also lots of tiny paint mishaps around the edges that pictures don't quite show. But it sure is blue. laugh

One more of the Cougar, from the back. "FAST CAT" is a nice parallel to my real-life "SLOW CAT" license plate. cheeky

5/17/20 12:35 a.m.

In reply to slowbird :

The Saleen came out fantastic! Like crazy good! 

Love the FAST CAT/SLOW CAT plates!

BenB (Forum Supporter)
BenB (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/17/20 5:47 a.m.

Great work, guys!

Gunchsta
Gunchsta HalfDork
5/17/20 11:18 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Absolutely, couldn't agree more. Thank you for the compliment.

Gunchsta
Gunchsta HalfDork
5/17/20 11:21 a.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks! I flipped the spindles left-to-right so they were effectively 'drop' spindles. I'm pleased with the color combo as well; It's dupli-color Cherry Red over Red Oxide primer and the interior is GM light driftwood metallic. 

Gunchsta
Gunchsta HalfDork
5/17/20 11:23 a.m.

In reply to slowbird :

They both turned out really nice; that blue sure is BLUE. Rattle can?

Gunchsta
Gunchsta HalfDork
5/17/20 11:24 a.m.

In reply to noddaz :

Love it; way to work with what you had... even if that was an incomplete kit. I like the radiator hose still attached to the radiator, that's a nice touch.

Great job everyone! Sorry for the quad-post but I haven't quite figured out the multi-quote feature.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
5/17/20 11:36 a.m.

In reply to Gunchsta :

Yup! Both done with Tamiya spray cans. The paint comes out really nice from the nozzle.

It only took 20 years but I'm almost half-decent at using spray paint finally.

5/17/20 12:56 p.m.

So without doing a full recap of entrants I am choosing Gunchsta's Nova. Close second is the FOMOCO pair from Slowbird. If there were a theme for most GRM then the obvious choice would have been Noddaz for sure.

Awesome work everybody. Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. First nice day in a while here in Vermont so I decided to try and dig my way through the garage to my 1:1 project!

Gunchsta, pm me your address for your awesome 70s van prize.

1 ... 8 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IOZthXhTDPSzr94QMHEIOSDVM8VW6RgDWvz869HDGpNn9cZj3GaKhTcHIJQ7VvoZ