1 2
Driven5
Driven5 PowerDork
1/11/24 12:48 p.m.

Mahindra Racing CEO & Team Principal Frederic Bertrand said:

Nurturing diversity, inclusion and innovation is at the heart of Mahindra Racing.

Our AI influencer program was designed with this innovation in mind.

Your comments hold tremendous value. We have listened, understood and decided to discontinue the project.

So he's demonstrating that he has zero genuine understanding of what the words 'diversity' and/or 'inclusion' mean by doubling down on their rationalization, taking zero accountability for this being any type of actual screw up, and effectively admitting that they're only changing course due to the backlash itself rather than any resulting self-aware realization... Apparently their 'core values as an organization' start at the top.

DavyZ
DavyZ New Reader
1/11/24 1:54 p.m.
Driven5 said:

Mahindra Racing CEO & Team Principal Frederic Bertrand said:

Nurturing diversity, inclusion and innovation is at the heart of Mahindra Racing.

Our AI influencer program was designed with this innovation in mind.

Your comments hold tremendous value. We have listened, understood and decided to discontinue the project.

So he's demonstrating that he has zero genuine understanding of what the words 'diversity' and/or 'inclusion' mean by doubling down on their rationalization, taking zero accountability for this being any type of actual screw up, and effectively admitting that they're only changing course due to the backlash itself rather than any resulting self-aware realization... Apparently their 'core values as an organization' start at the top.

Hey, these are quality people we are talking about...

I really can't stop laughing laugh it's all so funny!  I think all of them there at Mahindra Racing are AI bots; are people really this ignorant??

camopaint0707
camopaint0707 Reader
1/12/24 7:19 a.m.

This aged well.

SkyNoLimits8
SkyNoLimits8 New Reader
1/12/24 1:27 p.m.

The most (maybe perhaps not the most, there are a lot of contenders) tone-deaf initiative in racing (or all of business). They could have hired a real woman. Case closed.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/24 2:13 p.m.

I've given this some thought, and I gotta be honest, I don't know which is worse. Hiring people and staffing your team based on check marks in a made up HR box, or faking it altogether with a tone deaf ai representation

How about we go back to straight meritocracy, where the best and brightest get the job regardless of what boxes HR can check about them?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/24 2:18 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

There's never been a straight meritocracy. I think a blinded assessment process that anonymizes qualifications or performance would be a prerequisite to building one.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0QPEgDdMNlEggXvc9GL1aCBRHYJWgFvUw241QO5cc9VpobQp2Z4fRaZfHGcAxLAB