02Pilot
02Pilot Dork
6/14/17 3:52 p.m.

For those who have this useful tool, be advised that the hose from the bottle to the cap will, after some period of time, weaken to the point that it ruptures under normal operating pressure, making quite a mess in the process. Personally, I'll be replacing this hose every few years from here on out. You've been warned.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/14/17 4:12 p.m.

I was thrown to the wolves when I posted that all my hoses were trash. Apparently they are a wear item.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
6/14/17 4:20 p.m.

I never put fluid in mine. Just air.

Hoses last about 5 years then....

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/14/17 5:23 p.m.

Yes, it can be exciting to discover that you need a new hose...

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/14/17 5:42 p.m.

This is the second time in a month that I've been warned about this. I guess I need to replace the hose asap.

mrap1000
mrap1000 New Reader
6/14/17 6:29 p.m.

I had a blow out, as well. Replaced it with some large bore silicone vacuum line about 15 years ago and it still looks brand new.

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
6/15/17 12:48 a.m.

That would indeed be an ugly scene. I wonder if you could use it with another, smaller piece of tubing over it, to minimize the mess when it fails.

killeen_john
killeen_john New Reader
6/15/17 5:44 a.m.

I've had my Motive Pressure Bleeder hose fail spectacularly and sprayed brake fluid all over both cars in my garage. I now replace the hose every few years with clear vinyl tubing from the local hardware store. I'm on my third hose since buying the bleeder in 2004 and the few dollars cost is well worth the peace of mind.

akylekoz
akylekoz Reader
6/15/17 5:50 a.m.

I also only put air in mine after a blow out. It now has fuel line on it.

I never did like the idea of putting clean brake fluid into a large container of humid air.

sergio
sergio Reader
6/15/17 10:03 a.m.

Mine the same thing under pressure of course. That E36 M3ty hose can't handle brake fluid and 20psi

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
6/15/17 1:33 p.m.

I'm sure glad this thread isn't about prostates and pressure bleeders.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/15/17 2:09 p.m.

I apparently need to put a reminder on the calendar...

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/15/17 2:14 p.m.

*another reason to gravity bleed.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PyZESkKYZFhnbA2xGrva6EAoVQiGSmn80LWztO6N8l5jJVEGOIvfvEuVHvqBtvNs