1 2 3
Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/4/24 5:36 p.m.

The divider is somewhat of a safety thing, cargo has become airborne and hit people in the head. 

nsxmr2elises2000
nsxmr2elises2000 PowerDork
2/4/24 5:46 p.m.

In reply to Rons :

got it 

that makes sense

kb58 said:

"...The previous owner used it for his auto repair business roadside assistance vehicle (AAA). It... wasn't well maintained..."

What a great way to say not to use your business!

Yeah, that guy was your stereotypical slimy tow operator/shop owner/car flipper.

I drove 2 hours north after I worked a 12hr mid shift. I got to his shop but he wasn't there even though I showed up at the agreed time. The van was filthy and he had his wife come with me for the test drive. Since I drove by myself and couldn't get it home, I gave him $300 in good faith money that I would come back the next day with the check from my credit union. When I came back, I bought it and part of the purchase agreement was he was going to replace the front left strut as it was bad, remove all the decals and wash it. He also offered to have one of his rollback drivers deliver it to my house. Sounds good, right?

Well his driver showed up at 2330, which was about 6 hours later than he said he would be there. The decals were removed but no effort was taken to remove the adhesive residue which covered the exterior. The van was still filthy and the blown strut was never replaced. The title was in the previous owners name as well.

So yeah, berk that guy. 

The European market Transit Connects have this cool hidden compartment above the instrument cluster. I bought a used one from eBay for about $50 shipped from the UK.

nsxmr2elises2000
2/4/24 7:27 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

WOW

nsxmr2elises2000
2/4/24 7:29 p.m.
stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) said:

The European market Transit Connects have this cool hidden compartment above the instrument cluster. I bought a used one from eBay for about $50 shipped from the UK.

woah that is super cool. my FJ cruiser has that and it would be very helpful to keep glasses etc

and would love to have it

easy to install?

nsxmr2elises2000
2/4/24 7:29 p.m.

I added a phone mount 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/4/24 7:51 p.m.

In reply to nsxmr2elises2000 :

My issue with the radio specifically was with streaming bluetooth. The radio would default away from the bluetooth setting and there was no reliable path to get it back to the bluetooth. Go through the menu's a few times, exit out, go through again, maybe it would get there, maybe not. Outside of that issue, i had no complaints and really enjoyed driving it. 

nsxmr2elises2000 said:

woah that is super cool. my FJ cruiser has that and it would be very helpful to keep glasses etc

easy to install?

IIRC, there were 2 screws and some panel clips. It was super easy to swap out. 

nsxmr2elises2000
2/4/24 9:24 p.m.
TJL (Forum Supporter) said:

My issue with the radio specifically was with streaming bluetooth. The radio would default away from the bluetooth setting and there was no reliable path to get it back to the bluetooth. Go through the menu's a few times, exit out, go through again, maybe it would get there, maybe not. Outside of that issue, i had no complaints and really enjoyed driving it. 

yikes

sounds complicated 

i use bluetooth for phone. no ome can hear me - so i use ear piece 

if i want am radio - press button

i have never listened to music through blue tooth and wouldn't know how to do that. foreign and complicated 

but i dont listen to music - so no issues for me

nsxmr2elises2000
2/4/24 9:25 p.m.
nsxmr2elises2000 said:

easy to install?

IIRC, there were 2 screws and some panel clips. It was super easy to swap out. 

thanks will search and order today

thank you 

The Ford part number is DT11V04694A.

Good luck! 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gC9WICHRxvEDxdBPxnYyTGIetElMLuoNixDTjKRV3J4NPJIySSvwIaqRF8JdobEZ