1 2
JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
4/30/12 11:18 p.m.

As the owner of an '86 MR2....sheer-utter-full-frontal-coolness.

Just so I don't spend all night searching, what is the suspension setup, and what are the mesh wheels?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/30/12 11:25 p.m.
JFX001 wrote: Just so I don't spend all night searching, what is the suspension setup, and what are the mesh wheels?

You know you love searching for wheels .

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
5/1/12 8:03 a.m.
EvanB wrote:
JFX001 wrote: Just so I don't spend all night searching, what is the suspension setup, and what are the mesh wheels?
You know you love searching for wheels .

I just wasn't feeling it this morning....

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/1/12 8:30 a.m.

Didn't one of the founders of the original Mini die or nearly die in an accident with an experimental twin-engined Mini?

http://bringatrailer.com/2010/02/03/twin-engined-4x4-1966-twini-cooper-s/

Yep, looks like one nearly killed John Cooper himself.

So yeah, nothing new here, except better documentation and perhaps better refinement (wait, did I just use that term to describe a crap-can racer? )

dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/1/12 9:03 a.m.
kevlarcorolla wrote: I wouldn't do it with 2 engines in the 1st place

And then you wouldn't be a Legend of Lemons!

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
5/1/12 10:38 a.m.
Cool but I can't get how it could handle decently with..... powering wheels with different ratios all at different times.

You do understand this is the basic premise of variable center diffs, torque biasing differentials (or using braking to do the same thing), and the culmination of the two which at least one OEM calls SUPER HANDLING ALL WHEEL DRIVE?!

snap_understeer
snap_understeer New Reader
5/1/12 11:20 a.m.

Now I want an old Civic sedan with an automatic Accord V6 in the trunk, and a manual Accord V6 up front. Thanks a lot!

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
5/1/12 12:22 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
irish44j wrote: GRM: Future issue: This thing vs. the Durocco for twin-engine supremacy!
If anyone used to read SCC when it was still around, remember.. 2004? maybe, twin engined dual automatic Tiburon. Add that to the list for a real party.

That is still THE car I think of when it comes to twin engine cars! I loved that thing, I wonder what ever happened to it? I wouldn't mind having that in the garage just for the "WTF" factor. I was an SCC addict, then they died and I found my new fav GRM. I wish I could have both!

junked
junked New Reader
6/22/12 11:29 a.m.

Another twin engine to add to the topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB5Qp1RcGHI

Imagine an auto/manual combo (or twin autos running different final drives) merging exhausts to feed the same turbo or pair of turbos and splitting back to each engine. One engine shifts dropping exhaust pressure, but the other is still pulling and making pressure...a smoother boost curve I would assume?

I also wanted to throw out the idea of an ignition cut on the manual of a auto/manual setup to allow shifting without needing to lift the gas, so the auto engine can continue full throttle.

junked
junked New Reader
6/22/12 12:18 p.m.

In reply to Random_tox:

Thanks Random_tox for the input on the handling... we appreciate your first hand knowledge addressing what it is like to really drive it!

In keeping with a similar "grafting" theme of the MRolla, has anyone seen a second engine/transmission/suspension/pair-o-wheels grafted on the back of a mid-engine vehicle to make 6 wheels total?

Only the 4 rear wheels are powered, the front end stays the same.

BTW, an example where both engines are under the same hood... TigerZ100 http://www.tigerracing.com/z100.php

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/22/12 12:32 p.m.

I got to race against this car several times!

It doesn't do anything noticeably different on the track than any other cars. Its pretty friggin sweet! Especially seeing it up close and personal.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/22/12 1:53 p.m.

I'm a little surprised that someone ran a Harlequin Golf in LeMons.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
6/22/12 3:47 p.m.
dculberson wrote:

Thats ok,I think I'm getting close to acheiving legend status for building my R1 powered true mid engined awd geo metro ice racer that won 18 out of 20 races(fuel supply issue for 2 races)that went right from the shop to the track and won with no testing and no failures.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
6/25/12 10:21 a.m.
kevlarcorolla wrote:
dculberson wrote:
Thats ok,I think I'm getting close to acheiving legend status for building my R1 powered true mid engined awd geo metro ice racer that won 18 out of 20 races(fuel supply issue for 2 races)that went right from the shop to the track and won with no testing and no failures.

Different strokes...

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Reader
6/25/12 1:05 p.m.

My next project is putting a second V8 in the back of a Fox Body to drive the front wheels.

Max_Archer
Max_Archer Reader
6/25/12 6:06 p.m.
Woody wrote: I'm a little surprised that someone ran a Harlequin Golf in LeMons.

Maybe they just painted a normal one like a Harlequin? I don't see a real one being priced for LeMons these days but who knows.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
6/25/12 7:45 p.m.
dculberson wrote:
kevlarcorolla wrote:
dculberson wrote:
Different strokes...

Umm no I think its exactly the same type of stroke(better car for little cost),only a much more effective way to acheive a better pkg for the task at hand.

keethrax
keethrax HalfDork
6/25/12 8:30 p.m.
kevlarcorolla wrote: Umm no I think its exactly the same type of stroke(better car for little cost),only a much more effective way to acheive a better pkg for the task at hand.

Did someone pee in your cheerios or something?

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
6/26/12 2:02 p.m.
keethrax wrote:
kevlarcorolla wrote: Umm no I think its exactly the same type of stroke(better car for little cost),only a much more effective way to acheive a better pkg for the task at hand.

Hardly,not even sure why you took it that I'm pissy.Guy says my build is different than a lemons car,its not in that its built from a next to free shell using parts robbed from another race car so....

dculberson
dculberson Dork
6/26/12 3:07 p.m.
kevlarcorolla wrote:
keethrax wrote:
Hardly,not even sure why you took it that I'm pissy.Guy says my build is different than a lemons car,its not in that its built from a next to free shell using parts robbed from another race car so....

I'm not picking on your car, it's awesome, I would give it a back massage and feed it godiva chocolates.

Edit: Oh, and my point was just if everyone followed the same path it would be a boring, boring world. You did your oddball car, they did theirs. Don't bag on theirs just because it's different, enjoy it. There's no reason for you to run it down.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/27/12 1:24 p.m.

Hmm AE92 front + AW11 rear...clever.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GRlKpDHTyIRc1OSkgsnPifKJZuljXJOFU3wjB875xcelECDxgsciczVNZ1SJ4dYN