1 2
jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
5/7/15 11:49 a.m.

So it appears that the Focus RS won't be available in the beautiful Cobra blue they had in the show car, but in more of a Smurf blue:

Not terribly fond of that color, but I suppose its better than the other three choices, black, white or gray. Why no crazy lime or tangerine scream?

So way, way back when I was road racing, I painted my race car white, then taped off some Shelby stripes in red. It looked great, one of the best paint jobs in the region at the time.

So that gave me an idea - why not order the Focus in white, then personalize it with some Cobra blue metallic stripes? So without further ado, I present to you my concept of Jerry's RS:

What do you think?

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/7/15 11:52 a.m.

Looks pretty good! (where's the thumbs up icon?)

...even makes it look like it only has two doors...

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
5/7/15 12:22 p.m.

Back when race car colors represented the country, the USA scheme was white with blue stripe...so, I condone!

This dude abides.

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Dork
5/7/15 12:29 p.m.

I really like the smurf blue, but I know the #yoloswag flat brimmers will d-bag it up with Monster Energy, illest, Fat Lace, and any other garbage accessories that will make associate that color with the like.

Maybe not since it will be a higher priced car though.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/7/15 12:35 p.m.

I like it, although I agree I'd prefer a nice deep, metallic blue.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/7/15 12:39 p.m.

Dear Ford. You no longer own Volvo. Putting Polestar blue on the Focus and not the Cobra blue is not cool.

Please fix before release.

Sincerely, the demographic this car was built for.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/7/15 12:43 p.m.

I was seriously hoping that it would come in green. It was possibly going to replace the Forester XT.

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
5/7/15 12:45 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: Dear Ford. You no longer own Volvo. Putting Polestar blue on the Focus and not the Cobra blue is not cool. Please fix before release. Sincerely, the demographic this car was built for.

+Eleventy Billion

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
5/7/15 12:51 p.m.
stan wrote: Looks pretty good! (where's the thumbs up icon?) ...even makes it look like it only has two doors...

Yeah, couldn't find a pic of the new generation in white. You get the idea, though.

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
5/7/15 1:01 p.m.

I just found that they sell an interesting blue chrome vinyl. Perhaps I could do the stripes in that material?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/7/15 1:17 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: Dear Ford. You no longer own Volvo. Putting Polestar blue on the Focus and not the Cobra blue is not cool. Please fix before release. Sincerely, the demographic this car was built for.

Dear FS:

We appreciate your input concerning the Volvo situation. However, we would like to direct your attention to a car that demonstrates Ford's use of this color on some of the most iconic vehicles in history, predating Ford's "Volvo Experiment" by a few decades.

Sincerely,

Ford

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
5/7/15 1:21 p.m.

In reply to Duke:

Not that icon, THIS icon:

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/7/15 1:27 p.m.

I understand the Cobra Blue reference. I'm saying that the Focus is Grabber Blue (or very similar) which also has a very long Ford history, and doesn't need to be compared to Volvo.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
5/7/15 1:39 p.m.

Golf Blue or Gulf Blue?

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
5/7/15 1:56 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: Golf Blue or Gulf Blue?

Internet winrar of the day!

And yes, grabber blue is teh sexy times. Add black rims, rule the world.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/7/15 2:08 p.m.
jstein77 wrote:
stan wrote: Looks pretty good! (where's the thumbs up icon?) ...even makes it look like it only has two doors...
Yeah, couldn't find a pic of the new generation in white. You get the idea, though.

I know. I would love it if you could find one of those two-doors in my driveway instead of my four-door...!

docwyte
docwyte Dork
5/7/15 2:38 p.m.

The smurf blue will lend itself to a Gulf livery tribute pretty easily. The white with blue stripes looks nice too.

turtl631
turtl631 Reader
5/7/15 5:07 p.m.

I like the smurfy blue, may get one if it is as potent as has been suggested. I want to see a decent leap forward though, this segment has been basically just as fast since it came out.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
5/7/15 5:13 p.m.

I could make a few "modifications" to the "Smurf Blue".

JFX001
JFX001 UberDork
5/7/15 5:16 p.m.

I like it. I also like the smurfy blue, just needs a couple of subtle Gulf decals.

EDIT: sniped by N Sperlo.

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
5/8/15 7:42 a.m.

Oh, now that's a good idea there, Mr. N.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
5/8/15 7:47 a.m.

I like the smurf blue as well. Can't wait for this car to get released.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
5/8/15 8:20 a.m.

A Subaru is the only car I'd own in blue (just not a fan of blue period), and I do, but white with blue stripes? Looks good. I'd go with white wheels too. (Even knowing how berkeleying terrible they are to keep clean.)

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/8/15 8:29 a.m.
Duke wrote:
Dear FS: We appreciate your input concerning the Volvo situation. However, we would like to direct your attention to a car that demonstrates Ford's use of this color on some of the most iconic vehicles in history, predating Ford's "Volvo Experiment" by a few decades. Sincerely, Ford

Dear Ford,

We are all aware of Grabber Blue. Those of us who have seen it in person and follow motorsports are all aware that the current color is not Grabber Blue, but Polestar Blue. To say so is an insult to the memory of the haloed color. An argument could be made to Petty Blue, but given his limited use and recognition in his career of the Ford Brand, this is highly unlikely the color that you were going for. Also the demographic of this car isn't the original Trans-Am Mustang nor Nascar set, but the Subaru WRX/STi/Evo buyer. So both arguments are void based on that fact alone. A true Ford/Cobra blue would help with branding as well as current materials released for the Ford Performance brand.

Please correct before release.

Sincerely the demographic this car was released for.

P.S. We want what is in this poster. Don't botch it.

Type Q
Type Q Dork
5/8/15 10:09 a.m.

Based on what I have seen with other blue enthusiast cars, after Focus RS's hit the streets, they will start showing up at autocrosses and track days. New owners will make numbers from blue painter's making tape. These numbers will be really hard to ready from more than 15ft away.

And owners of silver cars will put white numbers them.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PJ9vLE46nunjCjrq5xn0NnSeHeYhEVTAUBW8DsSy2oXlXaUbsvgPTHfYDdcigeSI