1 2
jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
5/8/15 10:44 a.m.

In reply to Type Q:

No, I'll probably just keep using the same number plate I've been using for a dozen years.

Dapper
Dapper None
5/8/15 2:11 p.m.

I think the white with blue stripes is simple, clean, and pretty tasteful as stripes go. If you do go down this route(in any color) I would suggest "painting" the stripes in plastidip. There are several blues available and even metallics. The best thing though is that you don't have to commit to it. You can peel the stripes of to change colors or go back to the factory paint job at any give ntime.

Enyar
Enyar Dork
5/8/15 2:42 p.m.
Dapper wrote: I think the white with blue stripes is simple, clean, and pretty tasteful as stripes go. If you do go down this route(in any color) I would suggest "painting" the stripes in plastidip. There are several blues available and even metallics. The best thing though is that you don't have to commit to it. You can peel the stripes of to change colors or go back to the factory paint job at any give ntime.

How long term is plastidip. The Ford Focus I bought has the black appearance package and I was thinking of plastidipping the roof black to match the spoiler. It would look better and also give some protection for Fl's sun and the stuff I normally load on the roof. I just want to make sure I can peel it off 4-6 years from now.

Dapper
Dapper New Reader
5/8/15 2:55 p.m.

It's definitely not as long term a solution as paint. It is however much cheaper and more forgiving in application than paint. With the right prep and application it is pretty resiliant but I haven't seen or read anythign where it was going past 3 years. The main reason, I think, as to why the durability has not really been established is because it can, and frequently is, peeled off. Most people in the dipping community change up their look fairly often.

A buddy of mine reffered to it as "dry erase for grown ups". He's not far off the mark. My car's current finish is all dip and I know I wont find out how long it will last because I'm going to change it up long before then.

If you want to learn amore about I would recommend the Dip Your Car forum. Lots of good information there.

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
5/8/15 8:57 p.m.

Hmmm, that blue pearls color might just do the trick.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8zNydJpcZqrg1uy8pXz5EwQCakGPhHwhNvLILCKcKYq74a9G3VgOwzcgkZorq5sS