1 2
Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
2/27/24 6:18 p.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

On a different note; whoever you sell the F500 to, if they have questions let them know they can contact me.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/27/24 6:57 p.m.
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) said:

Thought I'd put a bow on this.  Here's my answer.  2012 F250 XL 6.2L gas.  135k miles, one owner, extensive service records. Runs great, body is a 10 footer.  Work truck, so rubber flooring and all.  Rated to tow 12,500lbs.

Looks great!  

I learned about them here on GRM and I highly recommend the running boards that I had.  iBoard.  Think iPhone but boards.  They pride themselves on using a similar shape.  But aside from that gimmick, these are aluminum rails not the usual steel (however the mounting brackets are steel.)  I had mine for 5 years in northern salt country and they still looked great.  

Available on Amazon too.

Mine were 6"

If I was to make one comment about something I did not like about them it would be...  The plastic tread runs fore and aft.  Straight line tread.  It looks nice but, if the tread is wet, it is easy for your foot to slip forward.  The tread ribs going forward sort of help your foot slide forward rather than prevent your foot from sliding forward.  Just a little caution when wet.  

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
2/27/24 7:39 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

Yep

yes

agreed

and, too many folks repeat hear say, instead of thinking for themselves. All diesels have their share of quirks. But all older gas engines do, as well. Just different. The average American never recovered from what they heard about the GM car diesels. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/28/24 7:24 a.m.

Strange. The boards I linked to say Stainless Steel.  Mine were aluminum as shown in purchase screen shot.

More investigation needed.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/28/24 10:55 a.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

How's it drive?

New Ranchero shocks, rear sway bar and RAS make the Fords drive better than stock configuration. They will never drive as nicely as the GM/Ram truck though.

I'm looking at 6.2 trucks as well.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5g8KPG0lSlaCa57uKbwrcYctoIoBBXOoavwK0tcWWidXu5b2oTfbd46DbOMb2Fcc