1 2 3 4
daeman
daeman Reader
1/13/15 5:43 p.m.

To be fair though knurled, you said it yourself, the car is tired and has a known running issue... That's not really anything to do with boost or n/a, more a case of the car needs work.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/13/15 7:04 p.m.
daeman wrote: To be fair though knurled, you said it yourself, the car is tired and has a known running issue... That's not really anything to do with boost or n/a, more a case of the car needs work.

The question was if there was a car that really needed to be wound out to 4k just to keep up with traffic, I provided one.

To be honest, I'd prefer the new engine have the same characteristics except with big turbo boOOOOOOOOOST after that. It's AWD so it's not like trying to keep it in traction is really going to matter.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
1/13/15 7:18 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: I have to say... i've driven some pretty slow cars in my time, but i don't think i've ever driven one that actually needs to be revved like that to merge with traffic. Got any examples?
Worn out 8.5:1 engine dragging a cylinder because the fuel distributor isn't sending anything to cyl #4, top speed maybe 80mph if the road isn't downhill. On pretty much all Interstate on-ramps, I need to turn in at high speed and keep the throttle matted and click off upshifts at just the right time and it MIGHT be able to merge with prevailing traffic... Mind you that it is geared low enough that a full-boogie run up through the gears has 60mph halfway through fourth.

Well then your SOL if you drive Oregon interstates... see they have a friggen STOP light on the entrance ramps!!!!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2J7kIMvOx744G3cZt0WoYMQyTvKWurzK0kLPGmLAVdPORaBjGuv8rS9vCsWyjkW3