1 2 3 4
APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/2/21 1:42 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to bobzilla :

There's probably some long term adaptives that have to set.

I suspect this as well.  And, resetting them will require repeated operation in the specific conditions that set them in the first place.  It's going to take multiple starts with the same air and coolant temps before the ECU figures out that the change is permanent.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/2/21 2:58 p.m.
APEowner said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to bobzilla :

There's probably some long term adaptives that have to set.

I suspect this as well.  And, resetting them will require repeated operation in the specific conditions that set them in the first place.  It's going to take multiple starts with the same air and coolant temps before the ECU figures out that the change is permanent.

this at least gives me hope and keeps me from the depths of the pit of despair

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/2/21 6:29 p.m.

Would disconnecting (oh, and re-connecting) the battery potentially shorten the re-learn process? Force a new baseline without all the history. Maybe??

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
6/2/21 6:35 p.m.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/2/21 6:37 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

ahahahahahahhaaaaaajajaja

Let me know where to send the money for one!!!

mazdeuce - Seth said:

Can i buy some stickers? Like business card size? Pretty please?

Tou said the it was. Sensor and ecu relearn in the video. 

Could it have been reflash instead? And tsb info?

Im not too savvy with obd2  but i cannot believe it would alter base data enough through adaptation to cause an issue after the underlying issue was fixed....

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/2/21 7:00 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Oh, you'd be surprised...

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
6/2/21 7:04 p.m.

I died. I'm a dead person now. #nanobeavers

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/2/21 7:09 p.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

Let me know where to send the money for one!!!

This.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
6/2/21 7:17 p.m.

The shirt is a last minute project before summer. I felt that Bob NEEDED this shirt. Going to be away from all my sticker/t-shirt stuff for the next two months. Bother me in August and I'll see what I can do. laugh

Hopefully this little Koren hatch has sorted itself out by then.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/2/21 7:51 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

The reflash was for the early 2012's. The later '12's and on (this is a '13) have the updated software. Allegedly 

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/2/21 7:54 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

I love this bar

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/2/21 10:08 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

The shirt is a last minute project before summer. I felt that Bob NEEDED this shirt. Going to be away from all my sticker/t-shirt stuff for the next two months. Bother me in August and I'll see what I can do. laugh

Hopefully this little Koren hatch has sorted itself out by then.

I mean worst case I steal the wife's engine next time she's out of town and then play stupid about why hers is making noise. Then have her take it to a shop and let them figure it out because "I just don't have time to fix your car sweetie"

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/3/21 5:50 a.m.

I pulled two plugs this morning looking for signs of nanobeaver activity. Yes there's only 150 miles on them but I was looking for the black dots you tend to see on porcelain when you have it. The porcelains were clean and the electrode tips were shiny. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/3/21 5:57 a.m.

"The Electric Nanobeavers" would make a great name for a band 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
6/3/21 11:00 a.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

Yes, but these are acoustic nanobeavers.

APEowner
6/3/21 11:51 a.m.
bobzilla said:

I pulled two plugs this morning looking for signs of nanobeaver activity. Yes there's only 150 miles on them but I was looking for the black dots you tend to see on porcelain when you have it. The porcelains were clean and the electrode tips were shiny. 

That's encouraging.  Another thing to keep in mind is that it's not uncommon for there to be some audible detonation in a modern engine.  Your owner's manual probably says something about that.  Since it didn't do it before it'll likely go away as the computer gets happier with the new knock sensor but in the mean time it's not necessarily doing any damage.  It's also possible that it's always done it to some extent but you weren't as hyper aware of it as you are now.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/3/21 12:35 p.m.

In reply to APEowner :

You hve to remember I have two of these in the garage, side by side. One sounds normal GDI almost dieselish, one has had this incessant tick at idle and sub 1500 rpms.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/3/21 5:54 p.m.

trip home start up tick was really quiet  none at home  yay  I may be getting somewhere 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/7/21 12:58 p.m.

410 miles, 20 minute session at speed(ish). Tick is there at idle and being at the track is like listening to a honda. So I'm not worrying about it

APEowner
6/7/21 3:55 p.m.
bobzilla said:

410 miles, 20 minute session at speed(ish). Tick is there at idle and being at the track is like listening to a honda. So I'm not worrying about it

Excellent!  Glad to hear (read?) it.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/7/21 4:12 p.m.

I'm in full "berkeley it, full send" mode. The sooner it pops the better if its going to. Otherwise lets get on with life.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/10/21 7:22 a.m.

1000 mile check on the plugs (1/3 of what was on the destroyed version). Look like 1000 miles on new plugs. No sign of the nanobeavers present. Ticking is still there. Not sure if these cars have hydraulic lifters or not but it may be a collapsed one. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FjdVE9VMMa0d1rhZxxqdUgofrEY0DXceZfXLwh5ImPo2lfOmXrmkgshcYbiFxaWb