DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
8/27/12 11:55 a.m.

So I am able to buy this later today! There are some people going to look at it today before me, but I've been playing email tag with the guy. Here she is:

Seller said: Moving to Boston this Friday and looking to sell my car quickly and as conveniently as possible. If you responded to my posting the other week I apologize for not responding, but I ended up needing my car a little longer than expected. Its a '97 Buick Regal GS. Its been reliable and has always gotten me where I need to go, but it has quite a few electrical problems. To start, the digital odometer says it only has about 6,000 miles, but really it reset itself at around 150,000 miles. The fan for the AC/Heater does not work properly. The back right window does not work and is held by tape. The windshield wipers are unreliable, I've tried fixing them multiple times, but I just use rain-ex now. A few cosmetic things would be - the paint is in not so great of condition, part of the back right bumper is cracked, and the right rear turn signal plastic covering is chipped. I say all this, just so you know what your getting into before hand. So here is the deal - if you can bare the electrical & cosmetic issues and are interested in purchasing my car, I am willing to go lower than I am asking if you can buy it today, preferably with cash. I am busy this morning, but am available anytime after 1.30pm today to meet with interested buyers. The price is $675 today, it'll go back to $750 tomorrow.

Now, for those who remember, I've been rambling on for about 4 years now about how I want to build a C5R inspired Buick GT-R. LS1 swap, RWD, single locking lugs, front splitter and diffuser, ect ect. Why? I don't know. Nobody has ever thought of taking this granny-church-mobile and turning it into a GT1 race car! hahaha. Probably won't go as far as single locking lugs and air jacks, but I want to do something race inspired just to say "because nobody else is doing it..."

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Reader
8/27/12 11:57 a.m.

Great idea, hope you can get it. I have had evil thoughts of doing something similar to my 99 Bonneville SLE (unfortunately not supercharged).

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
8/27/12 11:58 a.m.

I like where this is going.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/12 12:03 p.m.

I need to put you in touch with our GP Club member Dave Wild, he built a bone-stock looking Regal GS with a turbo 3800 that ran 11's.

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
8/27/12 12:03 p.m.

Nice!! I am actively on the hunt for a GS or GSE, myself! I mean, I know my weaksauce plans are just to Stage 0, then pulley and boost the E36 M3 out of it, and then drive it until it explodes... But still, good starting point for your world domination!

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
8/27/12 12:05 p.m.

You do know this is FWD, right?

My in-laws used to have a 2000 Century that looked just like that. By far the worst car I've ever had to work on. I was quite happy when they traded it in.

DukeOfUndersteer
8/27/12 12:06 p.m.

I think the reason why I want to build it is to take it to church, just so I can start it up afterwards, scaring all the little church women. haha.

I've always been sketching up ideas in my head about this car and transformation. For example, a 45 degree aluminum radiator with a rad exhaust in the hood, the motor pushed back for weight distribution, carbon dash, sequential 6 speed, Motec ECU and display, big 6 piston Brembos or Wilwoods with single locking lugs, big massive carbon rear wing, full FIA legal cage, side mounted exhaust, fiberglass doors and lexan windows. What else....

DukeOfUndersteer
8/27/12 12:08 p.m.
jstein77 wrote: You do know this is FWD, right?

WELL aware of its current layout. This would be a monster of a conversion to RWD. Was planning on buying a totalled C5 Corvette for motor,trans, rear diff, axles, ect

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
8/27/12 12:40 p.m.

If you step down to a Buick Century, you should be able to find cars needing 3.1L intake manifold gaskets all day long for a $700 price.
I like where you are going with this!

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/27/12 12:58 p.m.

You'll certainly be living up to your screen name....

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/27/12 1:03 p.m.

In reply to turboswede:

DukeOfUndersteer
8/27/12 1:03 p.m.

In reply to turboswede:

Maybe a mix of GT1, Trans Am and DTM.

I am one weird individual...

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
8/27/12 2:11 p.m.

$2013

DukeOfUndersteer
8/27/12 2:18 p.m.

In reply to aussiesmg:

Froggy, Jason and I are thinking about going down for the Challenge this year to spectate! Need an extra set of hands for the challenge?

DukeOfUndersteer
8/27/12 3:50 p.m.

86 this whole thead. Dude sold it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DCc8zlRlQtyzwXNTMkzvUOckB8i8auysYS2SEukLergYsgNYo1XHQ1sM7Fq3ixx6