bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/2/24 9:25 a.m.

OK, Rio is hurting a little. To add insult to injury there are a couple issues with it being a track car that need remedied. First, with the 205/40/16 falkens the top speed limiter will now kick in at 107-ish real speed. Second, the rpm gap between 2nd and 3rd is attrocious, literally a larger gap from 2-3 than from 3-6. Second, the oil burning is getting worse and she has developed a light lisp at idle. 

So, after much research I have found the solution. I need a crashed, 12-16 Veloster non-turbo, manual with push button start. the VNA ECU is aplug in and has no speed limiter. The transmission is the same, but with a differ 2-3 gear set and the engine is the same as what I have. The bonus would be real seats with more bolsters and lateral support. Double bonus I could make a 5-lug swap with 12" rotors if I wanted from one as well. 

Where I need help is A.) finding one and 2.) how much do these really sell for? I know we have some iaai and copart buyers that are familiar with this process so I'd love some insight. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/2/24 11:31 a.m.

I will keep my eyes open because i'm always looking for cheap stuff to fix

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/2/24 11:48 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Appreciate it. I've found several key style NAV's but only a couple with push button start. 

dannyp84
dannyp84 HalfDork
1/2/24 11:59 a.m.
kevinatfms
kevinatfms GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/2/24 1:10 p.m.

Are you swapping drivetrain or getting rid of the Rio for the VNA?

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
1/2/24 2:00 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Would this one in Columbus work?  Buy-it Now for $1,800 (with fees comes to $2,642)

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/2/24 2:14 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

sadly no. I need the keyless start. If I had an LX/EX Rio with Keystart this would work. But my SX has pushbutton which is a little different in how it operates

EDIT: and it's a turbo car. I'm not doing the turbo swap at this time. Just a naturally aspirated Veloster manual trans. 

EDIT 2: Most of the "manual transmission" cars listed are autos.  THIS ONE would work IF the engine and trans are good, but non-functional dash and non-running sucks. 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
1/2/24 2:38 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Is this what I need to see to verify "push button start"

also, sorry about the first one being a turbo.  I'm not familair with these cars, I only looked at the description which showed :

no wording of Turbo there.

Then I went back and looked again, and the engine bay picture, indeed says "turbo" on the engine plastics

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/2/24 2:45 p.m.

intake on the turbos goes to the back of the engine, where on the NA it goes to the front. The key fob is indeed an indicator, the second is no key hole on the column and the start button is at the bottom of the center stack. 

I love making pictoral tutorials! 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/2/24 2:48 p.m.

Oh, and if the nose is still intact, the non-turbo cars have a painted center section to the bumper:

The Turbo cars have large grilles for the extra cooling:

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
1/2/24 2:53 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Ok,  Thanks for the quick tutorial.  I'll add these to my daily / weekly search.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/2/24 2:53 p.m.

THIS IS ONE OF THE FEW I've found that fits the criteria. less miles, push button start, manual, seats intact. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/2/24 3:36 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Can we put in like a $400 bid on that one and see what happens?

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/2/24 3:42 p.m.
kevinatfms said:

Quoted for clarity, I am also confused

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/2/24 8:52 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

I don't even know how. Lol. I suck 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/2/24 8:53 p.m.
maschinenbau said:
kevinatfms said:

Quoted for clarity, I am also confused

Fresher less oil hungry engine and nav ecu and trans for the Rio. Nav is about 300lbs heavier with the same power but better gearing. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/14/24 11:55 a.m.

https://www.copart.com/lot/80500063/salvage-2012-hyundai-veloster-pa-pittsburgh-north

found this. No idea what fees would be associated or how the hell I get it quickly lol

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LtQvsgjNNiojyqvULTh7SgXnNvZJO3qR7tt05NzzG4Plqnz6nxuaRj5AQjXrjhaI