1 2 3
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/14 11:30 p.m.

Update:

Just Suspension agreed to replace the one bad front strut and they want me to send it back. I asked for a pre-paid shipping label.

The CC company yanked the money and credited me the full amount, case closed already. WAY easier than jumping through the Amazon A-to-Z claims hoops. When the replacement arrives in good shape I can (and will) reauthorize the full charge.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
5/31/14 4:34 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: I just flew back from Canada (and boy, are my arms tired). Prices are not double what they are in the US, although complaining about prices is a Canadian national pastime.

For good reason. The gap narrowed significantly about 7 years ago, but it didn't take long for it to start to open back up again. While you can find more things now that are priced similarly, far too many items are still 75-100% more and they shouldn't be.

tr8todd
tr8todd HalfDork
5/31/14 5:06 a.m.

A true measure of a person or company is what they do when something goes wrong. Do they make it right, or do they make excuses?

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/3/14 11:19 p.m.

Update:

Just Suspension refused to acknowledge any issues or make anything happen, even despite the chargeback. I found on Amazon a way for them to call you and tried it. Phone rang right away, an American was on the other end, and in 10 minutes we had it moving along. Amazon emailed Just Suspension laying down the law. They responded with BS, so I had Amazon call me again. In 6 minutes he had Amazon fulfill an order to me for the one bad strut, free of charge. Now they will duke it out with Just Suspension. I'm on hold now with the CC company to release the payment.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/3/14 11:44 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: I just flew back from Canada (and boy, are my arms tired). Prices are not double what they are in the US, although complaining about prices is a Canadian national pastime.
For good reason. The gap narrowed significantly about 7 years ago, but it didn't take long for it to start to open back up again. While you can find more things now that are priced similarly, far too many items are still 75-100% more and they shouldn't be.

I can always tell when the Canadian dollar drops below about 95 cents US, because the Canadians switch from complaining about UPS fees to complaining about exchange rates again The only thing I found in Canada that was twice the cost as in the US was the real estate (average housing prices: $180k vs $340k).

To be fair, it's usually the Europeans that ask for fraudulent paperwork. Canadians pay the taxes and duties they're supposed to, they just make sure I hear how unhappy they are first. Hint: I don't care.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
6/4/14 12:16 a.m.

Clearly, you've not gone grocery shopping in both countries..

If meat isn't half price, it's damn close.

I ship out from my address in the USA, I'd be a fool not to fill up with gas and groceries when I'm already there.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/4/14 8:28 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: To be fair, it's usually the Europeans that ask for fraudulent paperwork. Canadians pay the taxes and duties they're supposed to, they just make sure I hear how unhappy they are first. Hint: I don't care.

You wouldn't believe the VAT in Europe (well, Hungary at least). I ordered a $75 harness from DIYAutotune. When it got to Europe I was charged $75 in VAT

That's when I learned they tax the shipping costs too...

Meh, you play you pay right?

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
6/4/14 9:33 a.m.

Jav, be sure to leave feedback on the seller. They need to have their rankings lowered. People need to know they're no good in a pinch.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/4/14 10:55 a.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: Clearly, you've not gone grocery shopping in both countries.. If meat isn't half price, it's damn close. I ship out from my address in the USA, I'd be a fool not to fill up with gas and groceries when I'm already there.

I did go grocery shopping - the produce was about the same as in the US, although of course that's seasonal. Even avacados were about the same, which surprised me. I know when the Ontario growing season kicks in, produce drops and the quality rocks. I didn't check on meat, as I get mine straight from the ranch in CO so there's no contest

Gas, well, yes.

I do feel for Europeans with the shipping costs and fairly punitive import taxes/duties. The internet has made the world seem smaller, but it's still physically pretty large and borders do still exist.

madmallard
madmallard HalfDork
6/4/14 2:19 p.m.

i am a one time customer from them and had no product issues, so i never had to deal with back-end. strange behavior for a retailer to be sure.

If you're a serious retailer and a serious mover of volume, you should be smart enough to know that you get real diminishing returns dragging out one order excessively.

Tho my experience was ok, i'll be wary of them in future considerations.

hope your situation gets resolved.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Isbvq0DzUxXQ8IzyW09ilxsf1mSBv3D801p6uJ5dkqQ0tVpQtGoFfjWsxICiya1h