drdisque
drdisque Reader
3/4/15 5:35 p.m.

Just got a new H&R front sway bar for my 2008 135i. It will work with the stock endlinks, but does the hive recommend buying a new set of endlinks anyway or do you think it's not worth it? I can get a set of Meyle "Heavy Duty" endlinks for $60 shipped.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
3/4/15 5:52 p.m.

What do your old ones look like? If they are tight, I'd use them.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/4/15 5:59 p.m.

Don't get the ones with spherical bearings for the ends. They're easy to adjust to the perfect length and angle but they transmit so much noise that they should be for track use only.

drdisque
drdisque Reader
3/4/15 9:58 p.m.

I haven't looked at them lately and the car has been stuck in the garage for almost 2 months because of the damn weather up here (and because I decided to park it all winter instead of buying snow tires).

I guess I'll just play it by ear.

These are the endlinks I'm talking about:

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E82-135i-N54_3.0L/Suspension/Sway_Bar/ES2587035/ <-correct link

I see turner sells adjustable endlinks but it looks like they still have a bushing on the ends. But I don't think I need adjustable endlinks. Hell, I kinda wish my sway bar wasn't adjustable just so that I don't have another variable to enter into the equation.

Speaking of adjustable sway bars. How do you think I should set them? It comes with two holes, "stiff" and "stiffer". It's a considerably bigger bar than the stock bar. I'm still running the stock rear bar due to SCCA rules. Because of that do you think I should go with the less stiff setting in order to keep better balance with the rear? Car's only other modifications are Koni SA's, camber set to -0.5 (most allowed by stock hardware) and Dunlop Direzza Z2's.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/5/15 7:02 a.m.

Yeah I think you should go with the softer setting, and keep using the stock endlinks until they wear out.

Adjustable endlinks are good for eliminating any sway bar preload which can happen when you corner-balance the car.

killeen_john
killeen_john New Reader
3/5/15 10:36 a.m.

I have these Ground Control adjustable end links for my H&R front sway bar but, can't say that they made a significant difference. I run my front sway bar in the stiffer setting. The e36 crowd suggests that a stiffer front sway bar helps to reduce understeer (contrary to popular opinion) by limiting the struts from going into the bad part of the camber curve.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XZU4ViH8x3TCbjAemc68t3vWkB46NGd9rtZj7l4JDwJOYxmASuZ2Abiwtb0LrVKX