Hokie69
Hokie69 New Reader
12/22/14 6:38 a.m.

After decades of LBC project cars (Healey, TR4A, Spitfire, MGB-GT, Midget), finally saw the light and am picking up a '92 Miata project this week. Merry Christmas to me. What to do w/ spare SU's ? Need a GRM bumper sticker to personalize it.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad HalfDork
12/22/14 6:56 a.m.

Dude, you're gonna need to retake drivers ed now. All those years of working on cars, pushing cars, cursing cars......all come to an end NOW. You get in, put the top down, and drive. It will take some getting used to I know but given 10 to 15 minutes you'll get used to it and then: automotive nirvana.

Until you get bored with utter reliability and maintenance free motoring and get the urge to start modifying it.

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
12/22/14 10:00 a.m.

A Turbo kit will fix that boredom in a heartbeat.

bigmackloud
bigmackloud New Reader
12/22/14 10:07 a.m.

Welcome. I'm a Miata owner (mine's also a 1992) but I'm not a "miata guy." But I've got to admit, the thing is darn reliable. Even with a turbo and years of hard track usage. Amazing. I definitely see why Miata is always the answer.

car39
car39 HalfDork
12/23/14 9:25 a.m.

There used to be a conversion kit for former British car owners. It was an extra tank of fluid that went under the hood to create leaks, and some various electrical bits to cause random shorts and outages. I think it also had a slot you had to put money into to start the car, and the car would then drop the money into the nearest sewer. You might be able to find it on flea bay

LuxInterior
LuxInterior Reader
12/23/14 12:53 p.m.

I've had 3 MGBs and an MGA. So I kind of hate it when I former classic car guy gives up on the classics and goes for something practical and modern-ish. But the Miata is damn hard to argue with. It does nearly everything better than my MGs did. The MG's sounded cooler, but that's about it.

I'm now shopping for my 3rd Miata. Welcome. Want some of this delicious Koolaide?

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
12/23/14 1:58 p.m.

Ahoy, new Miata Brother, and welcome to the inner sanctum where we're all comfortable with our manhood.

I also recommend driving it for a while, and then looking at boost options. Miatas and boost are like chocolate and peanut butter. Unless you're allergic to that kind of thing.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iJa4XqfFr89IDd7pcyWcY7LULIH57XBpONlo1JxPWlbuPlXBekBsPUSDw3UpuCKk