cwh
cwh UberDork
4/5/12 1:44 p.m.

On I-95 today, I was passed by a stubby small SUV/ crossover looking thing. Then I noticed the name plate on the rear. Porsche??? What is this thing? Looked a bit too much like a Golf on steroids.

nervousdog
nervousdog HalfDork
4/5/12 1:52 p.m.

It was most likely a prototype Porsche Macan.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
4/5/12 3:28 p.m.
nervousdog wrote: It was most likely a prototype Porsche Macan.

Doubtful. That thing hasn't even made it off the drawing board yet. (though as quickly as they moved the 981 to production, I wouldn't be TOO surprised.)

Could be a Tiguan that someone threw Porsche badges at!

nervousdog
nervousdog HalfDork
4/5/12 4:05 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
nervousdog wrote: It was most likely a prototype Porsche Macan.
Doubtful. That thing hasn't even made it off the drawing board yet. (though as quickly as they moved the 981 to production, I wouldn't be TOO surprised.) Could be a Tiguan that someone threw Porsche badges at!

They better get it in gear then. Porsche said the Macan goes on sale next year as a 2014 model.

There are already pictures of Macan mules undergoing cold weather testing.

cwh
cwh UberDork
4/5/12 4:44 p.m.

Definitely not a Tiguan. Looked a good bit like that drawing without the stupid wheels. Have no idea why it would be here, but we do get a LOT of exotics. From the rear, it looked wide, and low, with very wide wheels.

nervousdog
nervousdog HalfDork
4/5/12 4:49 p.m.

Didn't Porsche move their North American HQ to Atlanta? Maybe its an exec on vacation for Easter.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/5/12 6:27 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote: Could be a Tiguan that someone threw Porsche badges at!

Isn't that what Porsche is doing?

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
4/5/12 6:51 p.m.
nervousdog wrote: Didn't Porsche move their North American HQ to Atlanta? Maybe its an exec on vacation for Easter.

Porsche NA's HQ has been in Atlanta for years. They just bought the land for a bigger one...

unk577
unk577 Reader
4/5/12 7:39 p.m.

Tampa is one of the 2(Phoenix) U.S. hot weather test sites for VW/Audi so I wouldn't be surprised if Porsche is using the same facilities. From what I've seen they leave a warehouse(compound) in Tampa drive all over the state and reutrn in the afternoon/evening. Was it being followed by any other Porsches?? Usually see cars running around about a year or two before their release.

cwh
cwh UberDork
4/5/12 10:02 p.m.

I didn't notice any chase cars, but around here it's real dicey to take your eyes off what's in front of you. Or behind you. Or beside you.

audifan
audifan Reader
4/6/12 3:00 p.m.

http://www.germancarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Porsche-Cajun-back-400x266.jpg

is that what you saw?

cwh
cwh UberDork
4/6/12 4:36 p.m.

I do believe we have a winner! Only in white. Is that legal here?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JH406jug2wvrPjkTN8zWSbjNo0SdWX3Maao4n3sM36zhKKTsO4UQ5CEk7VOkzkZh