Volksroddin
Volksroddin HalfDork
1/14/09 7:12 p.m.

Sorry no pic's yet. Its a 2001 Crown Vic(P71 of course). It started life as a K-9 car, when it was retired it was sold to be a part of a taxi fleet(so it dose have a back seat but no seat belt conectors WTF??) Well for some reson they did not buy all the cars in the fleet.

So on to the third owner he drove the car about 4yrs flushing the fluids, tune ups, o2 sencesor, and new tires. The P71 is dark gey I realy did not want white and if it was black every little scrach and ding would show. I plan on keeping this car stock. This is also the first car I have bought for my self that has a stereo, power locks power steering, and whats this a HEATER too!!(I have been driving air cool'd vw for the past ten years)

belteshazzar
belteshazzar Dork
1/14/09 7:31 p.m.

I can relate.

just wait till you try the A/C. it's sweet.

Lugnut
Lugnut Reader
1/14/09 9:22 p.m.

Congrats! My car is an '01, too. What kind of miles are on it?

Mine was a TX sheriff car, then a cab for a couple different companies, I think, and hit 300k a bit before it came to me.

+1 on the cop A/C. C-c-c-c-c-c-c-chilly!!!!

Volksroddin
Volksroddin HalfDork
1/14/09 9:26 p.m.

The miles on are 95k, I wanted to find the lowest miles I could, within reson.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/14/09 11:38 p.m.

I started such a great trend

Welcome to the club! Your new ride sounds nice.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
1/15/09 12:48 a.m.

YOU started? ha, I was rockin' the CVPI before you sonny!

Travis_K
Travis_K Reader
1/15/09 6:48 a.m.

Just curious, how does the P71 compare to a 9C1 Caprice for anyone who has driven both?

P71
1/15/09 8:02 a.m.

Yeah you probably had it going on here first maroon but I started the modern P71 movement I think blaze86vic has been preaching box goodness here as well.

I have driven a 9C1. It handles better then a pre-03 P71 out of the box, and has a MUCH better engine. The only real problem with 9C1's is pricing, they are all in private hands now and go for quite good money (deservedly). I plan on making a "modern" 9C1 eventually by dropping an LSx into my P71.

Lugnut
Lugnut Reader
1/15/09 9:12 a.m.
Travis_K wrote: Just curious, how does the P71 compare to a 9C1 Caprice for anyone who has driven both?

I haven't driven a 9C1 but I have two TBI B-Bodies (a Roadmaster sedan and a Roadmaster wagon) and I really prefer my Buicks to the Crown Vic. I like playing with them both, though even my non-LT1 and non-cop B-Bodies feel torquier and more solid and definitely comfier.

Then again, maybe I just prefer the nicer, comfier car to the more basic utilitarian car. I thought about picking up a Grand Marquis and swapping the P71 bits and PI setup to it...

P71
1/15/09 9:44 a.m.

Swap a Grand Marquis interior into the P71. Easiest bolt-in project ever. The wiring for power seats is hiding under your floor/carpet.

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
1/15/09 12:52 p.m.

and if you're itchin to do some motor swapping, find a Mark VIII and swap in the dohc 4.6

belteshazzar
belteshazzar Dork
1/15/09 8:09 p.m.
Volksroddin wrote: I plan on keeping this car stock.

But but but....

bilstien's are cheap and you need new shocks anyway don't ya?

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce Reader
1/16/09 4:26 p.m.

Welcome to the wonderful world of heat! I finally gave up DD aircooled VW's in the Spring of 2001. I drove a '66 thru an entire Omaha Winter. That's the coldest I've ever been in my life. You'll never look back

Congrats on buying a cool car.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin HalfDork
1/16/09 5:57 p.m.
belteshazzar wrote:
Volksroddin wrote: I plan on keeping this car stock.
But but but.... bilstien's are cheap and you need new shocks anyway don't ya?

Well some day, I'll do somthin to it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Sy5zfWjHk1HpV43GaqhXWi6ylTnvcxfgdjvfNTMAAyBrN8bt19h6v0kh7YEQ8Cyj