VG30_S12
VG30_S12 New Reader
1/27/09 12:56 p.m.

has anyone here used them? or known of anyone that has used them? looking at other coilovers, these are the cheapest full coilover that ive seen ($770 shipped Ebay)

i don't need tons of damping settings or anything crazy, but iirc these have 4way(just enough to learn the differences) I just want somthing sporty and stiff(daily driven) looking at Strut/Spring setups, id be spending similar money, but i dont want to buy crap ether

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
1/27/09 12:59 p.m.

I'm going to hazard a guess that you should stay away from these. At least when it comes to shocks, you tend to get what you pay for.

Springs are a slightly different story.

Evaluate your needs. Frequently one of the cheapest ways to go is to get decent shocks, a set of e-bay coilover sleeves, and then to source 2.5" springs that are appropriate to your needs.

Travis_K
Travis_K Reader
1/27/09 2:02 p.m.

If you want adjustable dampers, buy konis. KYB AGX is good with stock springs, not so much with stiffer/lower ones. Real coilovers will be more like $2500+

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Reader
1/27/09 2:06 p.m.

I've had GREAT experiences with KSports, and they can typically be had for under $1000.

Now.... i'm not going to say that they're the best out there... but for somone that doesn't have the scratch to shell out for konis, ground controls, and new strut mounts, they're a great alternative.

I'm going with them again for the Celica. They will supply whatever spring rate you ask for at no additional charge, as well.

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
1/27/09 2:21 p.m.

NEX? Isn't that the Navy EXchange?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9twsAAwbNAmxVnQvznAedN9xxwvnjhopI7BwLfyuOKcbGcQ4NG1CSlkcreTta7iZ