1 2
racer33
racer33 Reader
4/21/10 6:58 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: Is skidcar like FWD tray sliding?

Pretty much what Dave said. Just use metal plate instead of boring plastic.

Mike
racer33
racer33 Reader
4/21/10 7:03 a.m.
gjz30075 wrote: Great stuff! I love watching this stuff on 'Lucas on the Edge' on Speedtv. Little midwestern tracks doing the same type of things: school bus racing, trailer racing on figure 8s, rollover contests, etc.

Same promoter. This is also the same guy that puts on the "entertainment" at the Monster Jam events. Such as "Autocross" where they race cars on the Motocross track......

Mike
poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
4/21/10 8:17 a.m.
Shockingly, I don't think anyone has ever died.

Way to jinx it, A-hole.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/21/10 8:27 a.m.

I think we need more events like this. Can GRM sponsor a team?

racer33
racer33 Reader
4/21/10 8:35 a.m.

I'm game! Maybe even get a car soccer team together? Yes, this is just what it sounds like. Massive concrete ball. Find it on Youtube.

Mike
Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/21/10 9:47 a.m.

The best I saw was car football at White Lake Speedway. Two teams of Lincolns and Imperials using a Dodge Colt as a ball

racer33
racer33 Reader
4/21/10 9:59 a.m.

Me likes!

Mike
racer33
racer33 Reader
4/22/10 2:15 p.m.

Well, if anybody wants it, my buddy bailed and left me stuck with the Prelude (it was supposed to be his, I was going to run it at Lanier only). So if anyone wants it, they can have it for what I have in it: $375. NOT STREETABLE. Call me if interested and serious.

Mike

four zero four nine three six one one nine one

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
4/22/10 2:28 p.m.

is the Prelude a "crash em up" car?

racer33
racer33 Reader
4/22/10 2:32 p.m.

Could be! Currently it's still a virgin.

Mike
racer33
racer33 Reader
4/22/10 2:35 p.m.

BUT, no rear or 1/4 glass, most of the interior went to the dumpster, flat black paint, butchered up engine harness from a stock-to-stock engine swap, no way to title - or at least no GOOD way, etc. There's good reason it's a $375 car.

Mike
Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
4/22/10 3:01 p.m.

The last time I was in a figure-8 schoolbus race, the bus got hit going through the "X" rolled and caught fire. It was awesome! I got out of the bus safely and about 5,000 drunk hillbillies were cheering me on. (see avatar-- no photoshop)

it was my one rockstar moment! I do believe I'm going to have to do that again.

racer33
racer33 Reader
4/22/10 3:06 p.m.

I can now relate to having the "drunk hillbillys" cheering me on. I clobbered a pile of...... I don't know, I think it was the remains of a camper, and I could see and even HEAR the cheers as I charged towards the mess and blew it apart. Not as Rockstar as going up in a pile of flames, but pretty cool.

Mike
racer33
racer33 Reader
4/22/10 5:35 p.m.

Forgot to add that it has Tokiko struts, some sort of aftermarket springs, and cold air intake.

Mike
friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
4/22/10 7:02 p.m.
--THE ASSOCIATE PUBLISHER OF THE MAGAZINE!-- wrote: The last time I was in a figure-8 schoolbus race, the bus got hit going through the "X" rolled and caught fire. It was awesome! I got out of the bus safely and about 5,000 drunk hillbillies were cheering me on. (see avatar-- no photoshop) it was my one rockstar moment! I do believe I'm going to have to do that again.

Holy Jesus Hector Cortez on a riding lawn mower! Y'all are just like us.

Best berkeleying magazine of the face of the Earth.

PS: Joe, please post up a larger pic...or a link to a larger pic.

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo Reader
4/22/10 7:40 p.m.
racer33 wrote: BUT, no rear or 1/4 glass, most of the interior went to the dumpster, flat black paint, butchered up engine harness from a stock-to-stock engine swap, no way to title - or at least no GOOD way, etc. There's good reason it's a $375 car. Mike

Add a fart can and put it for sale in Gainesville as a street car!

racer33
racer33 Reader
4/22/10 8:46 p.m.

Funny enough, it HAS a fart can, and I BOUGHT it in Gainesville one week ago!!!!

racer33
racer33 Reader
4/22/10 8:48 p.m.

PS. No longer for sale. I think I'm better off keeping it then selling so cheap.

Mike
1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
J6JnBHncZR3GmaXHEfrw2c6XjCbx9CiA9agScNCJGJxnDThKA9ZCCTuFl8552iB4