1 2
pete240z
pete240z Dork
8/26/09 5:30 p.m.

I had a 1985 S12 2 liter. loved it. 5-speed fun.

SOneThreeCoupe
SOneThreeCoupe New Reader
8/31/09 7:31 p.m.

I currently drive a completely stripped (ok, ok, so I still have to take out the heater assembly wiring and I did put two pieces of sound deadening on the sunroof delete panel) S13 daily.

Bought it to drift, kept it to grip. Stock they just yell UNDAAAAAAA at the first sign of a corner.

Aftermarket is fairly cheap and plentiful.

Every arm is adjustable, custom housings with double-adjustable Konis and Ground Control coilovers, ATS 1.5-way carbon LSD, etc. I have a CAI and a chipped ECU, and even in the current state of tune (running 245/40R17 AD07s on CE28f/TE37r) I have kept up with 320whp Evo MRs on R-compounds running well-set-up Motons.

It was, at one point, down to ~2250lbs. Now it's up a bit thanks to stock header and heavy 3" aluminized steel exhaust.

They are fairly slow, stock, but with several times the purchase price in the suspension they can really haul butt, not to mention I can still spin 245s from a roll.

I resent the fact that everyone calls the KA a truck motor. It didn't come from a truck, and it's a pretty stout piece of kit. Oil squirters for the pistons and whatnot.

I hope that all made sense and didn't come out as complete gibberish, as I'm in a rush to get to Japanese 102.

Edit: ... but I'm buying a Miata as a daily.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RrIIu5h2wJECemtAxjMIZIqx7o0FHU44HMW4yF83Ov3p7eX2dqSxdHO3efjCM6aB