Luke
Luke SuperDork
1/25/11 1:21 a.m.

Hella've an improvement, though.

From original 14x6, to 15x7 E34 mesh wheels, with 225/60 rubber. Excuse the cell phone pic.

Also managed to score a factory toolkit, something I was missing before. As a bonus, it came with the original BMW fist-aid kit, totally sealed and unused, complete with more bandages than I'd know what to do with, and a gnarly pair of surgical scissors.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
1/25/11 1:35 a.m.

Awesome. I love the look of the mesh wheels on a Bimmer.

driver109x
driver109x HalfDork
1/25/11 2:46 a.m.

Nice... I heart E28s

RedS13Coupe
RedS13Coupe Reader
1/25/11 3:06 a.m.

I am not usually one to be into a cars history/records/matching equipment sets.... but the factory tool kit is just cool. Not only useful, but a damn classy thing for the car to come with stock. Can you imagine a car now a days coming with tools? They seem to hope you don't even have any at your home, let alone giving you a set for the car.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
1/25/11 7:36 a.m.
Luke wrote: ...As a bonus, it came with the original BMW fist-aid kit, totally sealed and unused, complete with more bandages than I'd know what to do with, and a gnarly pair of surgical scissors.

Funny how leaving one letter out can turn an innocent sentence into a horrific mental picture.

Oh - and those wheels looks really good.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
1/25/11 8:03 a.m.

Nice! Cant wait to get my E28!

Luke
Luke SuperDork
1/25/11 8:21 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Luke wrote: ...As a bonus, it came with the original BMW fist-aid kit, totally sealed and unused, complete with more bandages than I'd know what to do with, and a gnarly pair of surgical scissors.
Funny how leaving one letter out can turn an innocent sentence into a horrific mental picture. Oh - and those wheels looks really good.

Thanks all.

Also, FIST-AID KIT is what I would call my thrash metal band.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
1/25/11 8:34 a.m.

And you have the red screwdriver in the tool kit, too!

benzbaron
benzbaron HalfDork
1/25/11 12:54 p.m.

Wow that looks like a useful tool kit. The one in the mercedes is a bunch of junk tools, the only useful tool is the spark plug wrench. I like the little case it comes in also. Hopefully it only cost an arm, people spend good money for a mercedes tool roll of junk tools.

corytate
corytate Reader
1/25/11 1:15 p.m.

nice looking car, love the basket weaves
I feel ya on the tool kit, I was really excited that the one I bought had the kit included lol
as bad the shape of my car was, though, the guy probably never used it (or any) tools before.

kb58
kb58 Reader
1/25/11 1:52 p.m.

I sudder everytime I see basket-weave wheels, but am happy because I don't have to try and keep them clean. For me, the less spokes the better, not so busy and cluttered.

Luke
Luke SuperDork
1/25/11 8:52 p.m.
benzbaron wrote: Hopefully it only cost an arm, people spend good money for a mercedes tool roll of junk tools.

Only an arm , but the wheels were the bargain, at $80 for the set.

stuart in mn wrote: And you have the red screwdriver in the tool kit, too!

It was actually missing the elusive red screwdriver at first, until the chap who sold it found it in his shed, and was nice enough to give me a call.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/25/11 9:22 p.m.
Luke wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Funny how leaving one letter out can turn an innocent sentence into a horrific mental picture. Oh - and those wheels looks really good.
Thanks all. Also, FIST-AID KIT is what I would call my thrash metal band.

I am sticking with Beastialic Necropheliacs A.K.A. the dead cat berkeleyers

Matt B
Matt B HalfDork
1/26/11 9:25 a.m.

I'm digging the swanky metallic brown (at least that what it looks like from the cellphone pics). $80 for the set is redonkulously cheap - where do you guys find these deals! Apparently I need to obsess over CL more . . .

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XQJa8IouX99GgOXo5QKlmXO9jjbwwa2GxAJMLVAQu56vEKA1DNnvd7d8eAHjAiYE