1 2 3
bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/31/14 2:41 p.m.

I'm going for probably 2 days to try to find some parts for the Midlana, who else is going and when?

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
3/31/14 2:47 p.m.

I'll be there at some point, no idea when. The way last year went and with the reduced turnout (and similarly reduced amount of things I'd actually want to buy) I've seen recently, I might just plan around the weather...there's not so much stuff that you need to slog through rain or shine for the whole weekend.

Bryce

bgkast
3/31/14 2:54 p.m.

I went Saturday last year, and only got to the track part. I don't think I've ever made it to the expo center part.

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado HalfDork
3/31/14 3:22 p.m.

I'm planning on spending some time down there on Saturday. I'm down to meet up with a couple of you Dorks.

I might do Friday morning as well, but my track record on getting up early isn't so great as a I'm a swing-shifter.

bgkast
4/2/14 6:15 p.m.

Bump. I'm planning to attend Friday and Saturday.

Burrito Enthusiast
Burrito Enthusiast Reader
4/2/14 6:33 p.m.

My schedule got switched around, so I'm no longer available Friday morning. Friday night will probably be spent test fitting my new wheels!

Looks like Saturday morning is going to be it for me.

Ditchdigger and Ransom to the courtesy phone.

bgkast
4/2/14 6:43 p.m.

I think it closes down at 5:00 pm anyway. Based on the weather I will probably hit the indoor part at the Expo Center Friday, and the track part on Saturday.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UberDork
4/2/14 6:45 p.m.

It doesn't really matter to me, but I'm curious. The ir part is straightforward. The P...Phoenix? Portland? Pocono? Pittsburgh? Pennsylvania? Peking? Poland? Pretoria? Prince Edward island?

airwerks
airwerks Reader
4/2/14 7:05 p.m.

Portland International Raceway.... (Oregon)

I'll be going Saturday morning. It always amazes me the amount of Portland people on this board...

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
4/2/14 7:38 p.m.

I am heading up tomorrow morning to set up our shops booth at the expo center and will be down at the track shortly thereafter. Friday and Saturday will be spent alternating working the booth and digging through the acres of crusty crap.

Look for this Allemano bodied Abarth 750 under the big Sports Car Shop banner inside building A. Not sure how much time I will be spending there but ask for Trent.

photo 20140326_084154_zpsjkqkgqup.jpg

I don't think we will be selling anything at the booth. Just advertising our restoration services. We will have a few cars outside for sale though.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/2/14 8:51 p.m.

I'll be there Saturday morning with my Dad. Anyone up for hitting Fire on The Mountain on Interstate Ave to have some wings and beer? (They have vegan items as well)

Look for my Silver 951 in the lot and a short, bald dork in a GRM shirt wandering around with a taller, gray haired dork that looks suspiciously similar :)

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UberDork
4/2/14 9:06 p.m.

I wish that I could show up but no way would I be able to make it in time for it to be worthwhile.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/14 12:06 a.m.

The Expo Center one is larger and better than the PIR one. I've gone to both every year the last 7 years. This year I'm going Saturday only, and probably Expo only. I'm taking MiniJav on a Daddy/Daughter day. I'll be wearing a GRM shirt.

bgkast
4/3/14 12:42 a.m.

I don't have a GRM shirt. I guess I will be in a "save the stick" shirt.

I'd be down for some beer and wings.

Burrito Enthusiast
4/3/14 1:11 a.m.

Wings are good. Beer is more gooder.

I should probably make a Burrito Enthusiast stencil and whip out a quick shirt.

turboswede
4/3/14 8:07 a.m.

Sent you guys some PM's with my contact info if you want to meet up during or after.

bgkast
4/3/14 12:19 p.m.

My email fails at PMs. What day/time are you guys thinking for wings?

turboswede
4/3/14 12:20 p.m.

I'll be at the swap meet on Saturday morning. Not sure how long I'll be there, but I suspect that early afternoon/evening on Saturday would work for me.

bgkast
4/3/14 12:27 p.m.

That works for me. Burrito?

turboswede
4/3/14 1:15 p.m.

BTW, here's the website for the wing joint:

http://www.portlandwings.com/index.php

Check out the menu since they have more than just wings :)

Unfortunately no Burritos, sorry mang!

Burrito Enthusiast
4/3/14 1:47 p.m.

I'll should be arriving around 11am, and sticking around/bugging Ditchdigger for most of the day.

I like other foods besides Burritos, but Wing Enthusiast is just kind of a silly name to go by on the internet...

turboswede
4/3/14 1:50 p.m.
Burrito Enthusiast wrote: I like other foods besides Burritos, but Wing Enthusiast is just kind of a silly name to go by on the internet...

besides, it would clash with your avatar ;)

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/3/14 2:03 p.m.

I didn't know you were local, bgkast! Hmmm...I have a couple work obligations this weekend, but if nothing else a wings meet sounds fun! I have chatted briefly with oldeskewltoy about the swap meet, will post up details if we decide to head over.

bgkast
4/4/14 11:05 a.m.

I'm heading out now, and will be there tomorrow too. I'm going to hit the track part while the weather is decent this morning.

I'm wearing my Save the Stick shirt. Hope to see y'all there!

bgkast
4/4/14 4:03 p.m.

I found a matching kirkey seat at the track, but the rest was a bust. Lots of V8 stuff. Checking out the expo parking lot next.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1wtIgs1BI9DVcK6q6m1EglQtSHxGUM1PXGr9oSP4Sj5z2pnGeYnnIkgOMa1CI4l3