Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/15 9:20 a.m.

Quote from the Also-Ran Movie Cars thread...

Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote: James Bond in a GTV-6 in OctoBob Costas

Seriously...the actual Bob Costas has to know about this by now, right?

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/20/15 9:41 a.m.

best filter application ever

nepa03focus
nepa03focus HalfDork
2/20/15 10:08 a.m.

I also like Bob Costas whipped and cluster berkeley

LuxInterior
LuxInterior Reader
2/20/15 10:13 p.m.

Umm, I don't know that much about Bob Costas (the person).. So why is Bob Costas so associated with... um... Bob Costas?

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
2/20/15 10:14 p.m.

Because he's a HUGE Bob Costas.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/20/15 11:27 p.m.

I feel like it should be changed to Brian Williams in light of recent events.

ronholm
ronholm Dork
2/20/15 11:31 p.m.
mndsm wrote: I feel like it should be changed to Brian Williams in light of recent events.

bullE36 M3

???

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
2/21/15 3:39 a.m.

In reply to ronholm:

So instead of calling bullE36 M3 on someone, you can call Brian Williams on them? Has a nice touch, but interferes with the bite E36 M3 holds.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/21/15 7:53 a.m.
ronholm wrote:
mndsm wrote: I feel like it should be changed to Brian Williams in light of recent events.
bullE36 M3 ???

That might be appropriate as well. Nice call. I just figured on calling him a Bob Costas for faking the funk.

carbon
carbon Dork
2/21/15 10:41 a.m.

So as someone who doesn't do the whole media thing, what's the whole bob cast as is a bob costas thing? I googled bob costas is a bob costas and all that came up was a bunch of footage of him saying bobcostasriot.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/21/15 1:44 p.m.

There's this thing with him, and Margie, and the Olympics...oh...I said too much already.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
2/22/15 5:30 a.m.

At least Brian Williams didn't lie about having conjunctivitis.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/22/15 6:42 a.m.
captdownshift wrote: best filter application ever

On a certain not-news aggregator site, "first post" is filtered to "Boobies". (And if it occurs in the actual first post, the post time gets 12 hours added to it so it becomes the last post after other people comment)

This gets entertaining if, say, you point out that Benjamin Franklin was the first Postmaster General of the United States.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/22/15 8:01 a.m.
carbon wrote: So as someone who doesn't do the whole media thing, what's the whole bob cast as is a bob costas thing? I googled bob costas is a bob costas and all that came up was a bunch of footage of him saying bobcostasriot.

Googling Bob Costass will definitely NOT get you answers to this particular item. It will lead you to much juicier content.

It started during the Olympics, when Bob Costas was hosting. Margie was quite verbal in what she thought of him. It became a filter substitution on this site.

Now you know the secret handshake, and understand Bob Costass.

...perhaps.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
crk6BD1ZVKKcgWoUIvhJpPdD4Pml8fay9cXEqzs6hAKWKQuSxnagml05tVRrD1gV