EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/24/15 1:24 p.m.

Late notice since the event is tomorrow but I wanted to post here in case anyone was planning on going. The forecast shows rain starting around 3pm so we want to get started early. We normally start around 10am but tomorrow we are shooting for first car on course at 9am.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/ovr-rallycross-pe-1-national-trail-raceway-scca-ohio-valley-300805#.VTqKIdJVhBc

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
4/24/15 1:29 p.m.

In reply to EvanB:

Late notice? Well yeah! I can't possibly build a ralleycross car by tomorrow!

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/24/15 1:49 p.m.
EvanB wrote: We normally start around 10am

Blatant lies.

EvanB
4/24/15 2:04 p.m.

Ok, try to start.

Tomorrow we will try to start around 9.

Adrift
Adrift Reader
4/24/15 9:11 p.m.

Wouldn't rain make rallycross better?

Knurled
4/24/15 9:30 p.m.

It makes rallycross stop.

OVR's main site is fragile and becomes pretty much impassable if it rains. 60 second courses become four minute long nightmares. And rutting doesn't ever go away.

Adrift
Adrift Reader
4/24/15 9:59 p.m.

I see. I may stop by. This is something I've thought about trying.

westsidetalon
westsidetalon Reader
4/25/15 8:49 a.m.

Just sold my project Ti to someone for a purpose built rally car, I believe he is running his e90 at this event

EvanB
4/25/15 7:56 p.m.

In reply to westsidetalon:

Elliot?

He didn't make it to this event. I would love to see an e90 run.

asoduk
asoduk Reader
4/25/15 8:47 p.m.

Its too late of notice for me unfortunately, but this interests me. Would it be possible to share some video of this?

Knurled
4/25/15 8:49 p.m.

photo GEDC1138.jpg

photo GEDC1137.jpg

Berrrrrrrrrk. Not only did it break the axle but the shrapnel wrecked the diff.

Video is incoming.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
4/25/15 10:31 p.m.

^^ what car is that on?

Knurled
4/26/15 5:37 a.m.

The RX-7. It has.. more power now. And new tires. Rear tires got airborne and I landed hard when under power. Big power + shock load + lots of grip = snap.

Knurled
4/26/15 7:13 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv1y1NOCa_g

I saw a lot of people photographing and taking video so I expect there will be some outside stuff available soon.

westsidetalon
westsidetalon Reader
4/26/15 8:10 a.m.
EvanB wrote: In reply to westsidetalon: Elliot? He didn't make it to this event. I would love to see an e90 run.

yes Elliot and I mentioned maybe approaching Nelson Ledges for a rallycross course

Knurled
4/26/15 8:29 a.m.
westsidetalon wrote: yes Elliot and I mentioned maybe approaching Nelson Ledges for a rallycross course

Ha! We tried that, it failed miserably. The only area useful as a site (out back behind the course) is not passable to cars without a lot of construction due to trees and ditches. The only area accessible is very, very small and it will either throw dust onto the track or onto the neighboring homes. We got kicked out on our testing day because of dust issues, and it was a rather wet day.

westsidetalon
westsidetalon Reader
4/26/15 9:14 a.m.
Knurled wrote:
westsidetalon wrote: yes Elliot and I mentioned maybe approaching Nelson Ledges for a rallycross course
Ha! We tried that, it failed miserably. The only area useful as a site (out back behind the course) is not passable to cars without a lot of construction due to trees and ditches. The only area accessible is very, very small and it will either throw dust onto the track or onto the neighboring homes. We got kicked out on our testing day because of dust issues, and it was a rather wet day.

Yes the area behind the track is what the old owners said might work (John Mcgill). Did the current management kick you guys out? At one point Neohio had some kind of Rallycross website but cant seem to find it anymore?!

Knurled
4/26/15 9:44 a.m.

This was either last year or 2013, I forget which.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8XYphV4cv0NodirkWWy7IelgIGC12X514Cw08TLCjDpDJevnulwRKa8ScSNJD3YU