NOHOME
NOHOME HalfDork
4/18/12 7:46 p.m.

The darn thing is not even off the boat yet and I am watching a video of a V8 powered GT 86 drifting around. It had some Lexus V8 or somesuch.

That would suggest that an LSx might just find its way in there if one were crazy enough.

I know one of you must be plotting this already

tuna55
tuna55 UltraDork
4/18/12 7:57 p.m.

I plot lots of things, but cash I have not.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
4/18/12 8:05 p.m.

I'm thinking that a WRX motor will find it's way into one first. I'll bet it practically bolts in.

mellow65
mellow65 New Reader
4/18/12 8:32 p.m.

Only issue with the wrx motor is the starter being on the passenger side of the transmission of the BRZ. So the starter pocket isnt there on the older ej blocks.

But I thought I read they were going to do a turbo one anyways.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/18/12 8:43 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: I'm thinking that a WRX motor will find it's way into one first. I'll bet it practically bolts in.

I wouldn't do that if I were you... they aren't the same. Not by a long, long shot...

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/18/12 9:09 p.m.

someone give me the car and the engine and i'll do it.

mndsm
mndsm UberDork
4/18/12 9:41 p.m.

I suspect Tundra supercharged V8 ala Scion TC drifter before an LS1.

The0retical
The0retical Reader
4/18/12 10:18 p.m.
NOHOME wrote: The darn thing is not even off the boat yet and I am watching a video of a V8 powered GT 86 drifting around. It had some Lexus V8 or somesuch. That would suggest that an LSx might just find its way in there if one were crazy enough. I know one of you must be plotting this already

My GoogleFu says Max Orido has one with an IS-F V8 engine in it. Want very badly.

The moment these things hit late 90's Miata price I'd stuff an LSx in one. Wish I had the extra 15k to blow on modifying a new one...

Also go here for the look at the car.

modernbeat
modernbeat Dork
4/18/12 10:19 p.m.

Vorshlag. That is all.

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
4/18/12 10:40 p.m.

I was in a parking lot and a 240sx pulling out clearly had an LS swap and was gurgling out of the lot.

I have to be honest, it kind of annoyed me. A 240 is plenty fun with its original engine.

Nashco
Nashco UltraDork
4/18/12 11:30 p.m.

If I had more $cratch, I'd build an AWD one just so I don't have to keep hearing how it CAN'T BE DONE! I'd probably throw a turbo at it and reduce the weight as well to cover all of my bases.

Seriously people. Of course it can be done.

Bryce

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam UltraDork
4/19/12 1:03 a.m.
irish44j wrote: I was in a parking lot and a 240sx pulling out clearly had an LS swap and was gurgling out of the lot. I have to be honest, it kind of annoyed me because it wasn't me driving it.

FTFY

I think the addition of a snail would be easier. I'm assuming since there's already a V8 version somewhere than an LSx will fit?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
4/19/12 1:40 a.m.
Nashco wrote: If I had more $cratch, I'd build an AWD one just so I don't have to keep hearing how it CAN'T BE DONE! I'd probably throw a turbo at it and reduce the weight as well to cover all of my bases. Seriously people. Of course it can be done. Bryce

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter

0100 New Reader
4/19/12 2:03 a.m.
irish44j wrote: I was in a parking lot and a 240sx pulling out clearly had an LS swap and was gurgling out of the lot. I have to be honest, it kind of annoyed me. A 240 is plenty fun with its original engine.

Yup www.silviaV8.com

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
4/19/12 9:11 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: I plot lots of things, but cash I have not.

This

Javelin
4/19/12 9:13 a.m.
Nashco wrote: If I had more $cratch, I'd build an AWD one just so I don't have to keep hearing how it CAN'T BE DONE! I'd probably throw a turbo at it and reduce the weight as well to cover all of my bases. Seriously people. Of course it can be done. Bryce

I'd love to see you try Bryce! Unless you change the wheelbase, jack the motor up 12", or have front in-hub electric motors, it ain't happening! Even you can't break the laws of physics friend.

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/19/12 9:19 a.m.
modernbeat wrote: Vorshlag. That is all.

x2

Although personally I'd be happier if they'd develop a LSX swap for the RX8

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/19/12 9:31 a.m.
Javelin wrote:
I'd love to see you try Bryce! Unless you change the wheelbase, jack the motor up 12", or have front in-hub electric motors, it ain't happening! Even you can't break the laws of physics friend.

He's totally planning another electric front drive system.

Javelin
4/19/12 9:32 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
Javelin wrote:
He's totally planning another electric front drive system.

In that case I will so go back to shop and hand him tools and beer until it's finished!

akamcfly
akamcfly HalfDork
4/19/12 10:04 a.m.

Just because you can do it, doesn't mean it's possible.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g7FGKrQcs9MZtGiU4mTPSB1s6iGzxhPcFjLUx1RzLULjrXGO0EzH0LAC9oogIL7U