kanaric
kanaric Dork
4/3/15 11:33 a.m.

I finally got tired of this Power FC I was trying to use in my Skyline. I should have never got it to begin with. The Power FC unit was like $900 and the hand controller was more on top of that when Nistune+Software is only like $400 and I can use any laptop. On top of that the Power FC software doesn't work with the RB20DET power FC and you would need an Apexi certified tuner with the "power excel" software to get an interface or the other option would be to spend another $400 for datalogit. No thanks. The tuner I used also was terrible. Came out first time with no tune 2nd time with knock warnings and pinging at wot. Fortunately found a reputable Ford tuner locally who HAS tuned Nissans, since they are the only reputable tuner in Vegas left. Not many people knew about them outside of the Ford community here. Also hopefully since I can actually get my hands on some software I can actually modify or fix berkeleyed tunes myself like I did with opensource on my old WRX.

Using the money I got from selling this to get Nistune + a clutch upgrade which I will need for the upcoming turbo upgrade. Now if I get this in and a proper tune progress I guess? Got a kit to practice soldering. Wish me luck.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ckoIFIMBtssxKlvEBUBwEyOKlAp8BGqPPcPhUSw9v2RJ9eTY6m0QpatwPhsoELXx