Sarah Beltrami
Sarah Beltrami Events Coordinator
10/15/09 1:18 p.m.

Yesterday, Lethal Les and I hit the trails early in the morning in my trusty grocery getter, the Saturn Vue. We spent the day exploring the roads on the west side of our county (Volusia) and neighboring counties; Lake & Marion.

We discovered a lot of beautiful traveling roads that neither one of us knew existed. We did a lot of over the river and through the woods deals that I know you all will enjoy. By the end of the day Leslie and I accomplished the route book instructions for Day 2 of the tour.

Make sure you check out the classic Motorsports Orange Blossom Tour. For more information:

http://classicmotorsports.net/events/orange-blossom-tour/

f86sabjf
f86sabjf New Reader
10/15/09 3:24 p.m.

Hi Sarah

Any way to get a copy of that route??? As much as we would like to go its out of our price range.

Thanks Jeff

Sarah Beltrami
10/19/09 8:29 a.m.

In reply to f86sabjf:

Sorry for the delay as we were back out working on the route. As soon as it is done, I don't see why not.

Sarah

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
10/19/09 2:11 p.m.

What is the desirable age of the cars, are GRM style hybrids welcome?

ie; 1984 FB RX7 with 5.0

f86sabjf
f86sabjf New Reader
10/20/09 6:27 a.m.

Thanks Sarah I appreciate it.

Sarah Beltrami
10/20/09 9:26 a.m.

Lethal Les and I hit the road again this time our agenda was for Day 4 and the first part of Day 5. Everything was going along as planned. However, Les decided to bring a book with her as she thought there may be some distances between directional changes. WRONG. For years I have encouraged her to read and now I'm actually yelling at her to put the book down and pay attention.

For about an 1 1/2 hours there I thought we were going to kill each other. Roads were not clearly marked, others were one ways, geeze....in the end it wasn't either of our faults, just a poor map we got from AAA.

Our route planning now done for the day, we start our trek back to Daytona. Remember the book she couldn't put down? It was put down in favor of checking out the backside of her eyelids.

f86sabjf
f86sabjf New Reader
10/20/09 7:01 p.m.

hehehe a real road trip

did you find anything while getting lost?? sometimes thats the best

Sarah Beltrami
10/21/09 8:43 a.m.

In reply to f86sabjf:

Yeah, a Pantera and several Austin Healeys. Okay, Les like the Pantera as well since she had never seen one. I said you know if you had batted your eyes a little more he may have given you a ride.

Sarah Beltrami
11/9/09 1:46 p.m.

Heading out on Wednesday with Tommy (son dork) and a friend of his. Our mission is to see if 2 teenagers can read the route instructions and not get lost. I get to sit and say nothing and take notes... We should have a good time provided no stinking Hurricanes hold us up.

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
11/9/09 8:01 p.m.

BTW Sarah, Eric has no sense of direction, and cannot read a map. It should be fun!

f86sabjf
f86sabjf New Reader
11/10/09 5:42 a.m.

Men are never Lost Sarah . We just call it a course deviation

bigwrench
bigwrench Reader
11/10/09 7:21 a.m.

If you need help I am a many time Rallymaster in Clermont. Would like this to be as interesting as it should be driving in this part of the country!!!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
q713jAb4XQ2MywEJt0TmoPH6FDnTVAFg56s6q1UWX4dYqMx5xe63WaxxwE7sMGdG