bfrance101301
bfrance101301 New Reader
9/9/08 7:57 p.m.

I just had to share! I ordered my next car on last Saturday. Picked up a '09 MINI Cooper. Lightning Blue with the white roof and stripes, sport seats, fog lights, etc.

I just called 866-askMINI and my car is scheduled to complete production on 9/16/08!

It's going to seem like an eternity until it shows up for me to take home....

-Ben

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/9/08 8:26 p.m.

very cool, you will have to give us updates as your ownership progresses. this is one of the cars i contemplate purchasing when i graduate as a "welcome to the real world" present to myself.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis Dork
9/9/08 9:18 p.m.

Congrats!!!

I don't know if it's still possible, but on the MINI sites, they figured out how to go as far as tracking the boats as they crossed the Atlantic.

Welcome to the club. You're right, it will feel like an eternity, but will be well worth the wait!

-Rob

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Reader
9/9/08 9:40 p.m.

Dig the Mini. I can see one in my future also. Congrats.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/10/08 4:10 a.m.

can you take delivery at the BMW performance center in Greer SC? it's a cool facility with some neat perks for a new car purchase.

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
9/10/08 6:11 a.m.

Cool, you'll like it.

Did you get an "S" or Justa Cooper?

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
9/10/08 2:56 p.m.

Awesome buy! They're fantastic cars. I know you'll be excited when you get it home finally!

maroon92 wrote: very cool, you will have to give us updates as your ownership progresses. this is one of the cars i contemplate purchasing when i graduate as a "welcome to the real world" present to myself.

I planned on getting a new Sky Roadster when I graduated. Same deal - welcome to the real world. Then I awoke in the real world and realized that I had to pay for student loans.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
9/10/08 3:31 p.m.
confuZion3 wrote: I planned on getting a new Sky Roadster when I graduated. Same deal - welcome to the real world. Then I awoke in the real world and realized that I had to pay for student loans.

Its still the happiest check you will ever write. You may not believe so now, but trust me. Worth every penny

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1lsRv178KkFyiq5QcvT8TBy2p2Ko2LDbq04qNBgNiYEMsRRoff7LDmC9y06jfDil