z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/1/24 11:11 a.m.

Speak with the adjuster this afternoon. Destroyed the windshield, side view mirrors, and one rear taillight as well as basically every panel on the car including the top of the doors. It's the touring, so it has the 2.5 engine and leather, but no BOSE or sunroof. And only 60k miles on it.

We just paid it off earlier this year (I was way upside down in it to start after '13 135i debacle) and put a fresh set of Conti DWS06 on the 18" wheels. I'm hoping it's not totaled as I don't think we'd able to find something as nice for whatever we get and we'd like to keep to the only car payment if we can. 

She was at an eye doctor appointment or else it would have been home in the garage. It didn't even rain at our house, which is about 9 miles south of where our eye doctor is. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/1/24 11:32 a.m.

I hate to say it but I think that will be totaled. Too many panels are beat up. Good luck with the process. Hail sucks!

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/1/24 11:48 a.m.

They were reporting golf and tennis ball-sized hail around the area she was. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/1/24 12:04 p.m.

Wow, that's a shame!

I would strongly consider taking what they offer you (if it's reasonable), replacing the glass, mirrors, and taillight, then driving it with the metal work like that.

It won't be pretty but it sounds like too functional and serviceable a car to give up, and you'll have some extra money in the bank.

spandak
spandak Dork
10/1/24 12:19 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Same thought. But if the damage ruins the car for you I would understand that. Bummer :/

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DhtOfvCkPUIh1tt0EPZwCnL9qK3APwnH2cBzKO0pXrdmeHxAGukVKuWixO8xmA2q