1 2 3
Hocrest
Hocrest HalfDork
7/16/11 12:06 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Hocrest wrote:
z31maniac wrote: Is it possible to have something "copper" plated?
Sure, I used to have a handful of "copper" nickels I electroplated when I got bored at work one day. A small container of normal saline, a battery charger and some sacrificial copper wire is all it takes.
Does that process come out with "shiny copper?" You may have just given me some awesomely bad ideas.

They were flat, but could be buffed maybe??

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
7/16/11 12:08 p.m.
Hocrest wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Hocrest wrote:
Sure, I used to have a handful of "copper" nickels I electroplated when I got bored at work one day. A small container of normal saline, a battery charger and some sacrificial copper wire is all it takes.
Does that process come out with "shiny copper?" You may have just given me some awesomely bad ideas.

How durable is this? I want to plate engine bay stuffs.

Magnets not involved in this process, right? So i could copper coat aluminum?

Aeromoto
Aeromoto New Reader
7/16/11 12:18 p.m.

In reply to Karl La Follette:

I'f he hasn't bought the system yet, he may want to reconsider. Specrta Chrome is trash, it doesnt hold up, and once you give them your money, you're out of luck. They have numerous lawsiuts against them. I bout a system and it was a total waste of money and a complete nightmare.

Hocrest
Hocrest HalfDork
7/16/11 6:30 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Hocrest wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Hocrest wrote:
How durable is this? I want to plate engine bay stuffs. Magnets not involved in this process, right? So i could copper coat aluminum?

Not sure if it works on aluminum?? It'w worth a shot. If you want it shiny, I would polish the piece before you plate it.

ratfinkchromer
ratfinkchromer
10/10/11 6:12 p.m.
Aeromoto wrote: In reply to Karl La Follette: I'f he hasn't bought the system yet, he may want to reconsider. Specrta Chrome is trash, it doesnt hold up, and once you give them your money, you're out of luck. They have numerous lawsiuts against them. I bout a system and it was a total waste of money and a complete nightmare.

I use the Spectra Chrome System and have been for about 4yrs now. I've been having great results. I've also used most of the other systems out there but have chosen to stay with Spectra Chrome due to the consistency and durability of the chrome. Don't get me wrong it takes alot practice and technique. Let me if I can help with anything.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill SuperDork
10/10/11 7:30 p.m.

Can I use Spectra Chrome on my canoe?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AKtrCmte3xF2vKKFqDiqdLAvzp6iUl8RE4C69syyKWlpItwFRDlkq8UkR4hSrkTS