Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
6/5/13 6:10 p.m.

The Central Florida SCCA Rallycross program is in need of a venue to run a few rallycross events at this season, hopefully somewhere within reasonable proximity of the Interstate 4 corridor (Tampa to Daytona).

We require at least 15+ acres of cleared land, we clean up after ourselves, we're willing to pay a bit of rent, and of course the SCCA is fully insured, so there's no worry with liability for the land owner.

If you think you might have a venue, or possibly know of a venue, please contact me at 863-258-1775 or aeromoto08@aol.com. Thanks!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/5/13 6:33 p.m.

I know of an exquisite venue. Unfortunately, it's in Washington...

My family is almost all down that-away, including some businesses, so I will put the word out. Take a look around Clearwater. I know there's a dirt oval track there, too, that might be interesting.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
6/5/13 7:31 p.m.

Have you talked to the new owners of Orlando Speed World? They are wanting to host as many things as possible. I also have an uncle south of Tampa with lots of cow pasture. Nothing like slinging up dung.

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
6/5/13 9:27 p.m.

@Javelin-Washington is a bit of a commute, but thanks for putting the word out.

@DirtyBird- We did a rallycross out there in January 2012, but I don't think anyone has inquired since, due to the ownership turmoil. A cow pasture would be perfect! Thanks for the help.

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
7/3/13 1:57 p.m.

Bump! We're still looking! Please help us if you can. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV2BHDuGKxA&feature=youtu.be

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/3/13 2:11 p.m.

That FIRM place is a GRM advertiser but they're near the base of Florida while you're half way down the shaft

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
7/3/13 2:17 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: That FIRM place is a GRM advertiser but they're near the base of Florida while you're half way down the shaft

Ha! Actually we've done a few events at the FIRM but like you said they are too far away, and they are too far out of our budget on rental

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/3/13 2:23 p.m.

What about the grass field adjacent to the DeLand autocross site?

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
7/3/13 2:49 p.m.

I'll need to find the information from a friend but he has been in constant contact with the new owners of Orlando Speed World and they are adamant about hosting any kind of racing event possible. Turmoil is over, new ownership wants to have as many events there as possible.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
7/3/13 2:54 p.m.

aeromoto, you should have that contact info for OSW by the end of the day.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
7/3/13 3:18 p.m.

Aeromoto, information is sent. I'll also get in touch with the family about their land, but that is in the middle of nowhere off of SR70 in Myakka and might be considered Buccaneer region.

jdbuilder
jdbuilder New Reader
7/3/13 4:20 p.m.

I'm no help as far as land, but am in tampa and would love to participate!

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
7/5/13 11:38 a.m.

@David- Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know that anyone has looked into that yet, but we'll check it out.

@Dirtybird- Thanks for the info! We ran there back in 2012, but never went back because of the turmoil. Maybe we can strike up a new relationship.

@jdbuilder- We'd be happy to have you! We have an event or two coming up at East Bay dirt track near the end of the year.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wehfsb53bM156WhIpjaGqqsz9IZWaYZxMarEs7KpdkG8dDVE0UVnzZAoHg6kE7e0