1 2
bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
4/14/14 3:12 p.m.

In reply to Type Q:

Come to think of it, my wife will probably think less of me if I do it. What does that mean?

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
4/14/14 3:19 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to Type Q: Come to think of it, my wife will probably think less of me if I do it. What does that mean?

That women don't make a lot of sense?

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/14/14 3:38 p.m.

the passenger side says yes!

the driver's side and interior says NO! (unless you want to use the current cab and patina for garage decor.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
4/14/14 5:45 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift:

What do you see that I don't?

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
4/14/14 6:26 p.m.

Pretty sure the frame/wheelbase isn't long enough for a rollback. Looks like it had a wrecker bed or a dump bed on it.

ryanty22
ryanty22 New Reader
4/14/14 6:33 p.m.

Tires are good, go for it

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/14/14 6:36 p.m.

Under one hour...

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
4/15/14 8:17 a.m.

In reply to ryanty22:

That is significant. The owner has contacted me and offered to deliver it to my house. It's not road worthy because of the leaking wheel cylinders. Not being able to get it to my house was one reason I wasn't going to buy it. Damn.

ryanty22
ryanty22 New Reader
4/15/14 8:42 a.m.

Way I look at it those tires arent cheap, if you get it especially for that price you could always part a good portion of it out, scrap the rest and make your money back plus a little extra jingle in your pockets.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/15/14 8:45 a.m.

Apparently we don't need to talk you out of it, because you are fairly good at procrastinating until the auction is over.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
4/15/14 8:47 a.m.

Ooo... I'm good at this. Let's see.

1. it won't get gas mileage, it'll get gas yardage

2. No a/c will suck for long hauls in Ohio

3. The cabs on those 50's era trucks are pretty cramped compared to modern trucks. Length can be added, but tough to make them wider.

4. How much money are you REALLY willing to throw at this project to make it do what you want - knowing that whatever you guess will likely double?

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
4/15/14 8:51 a.m.
SVreX wrote: Apparently we don't need to talk you out of it, because you are fairly good at procrastinating until the auction is over.

But there were no bids, so it'll likely get re-listed.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
4/15/14 11:23 a.m.

I didn't bid because I couldn't get there to see it in time. The seller has since contacted me and I may go see it this coming weekend..or not.

ryanty22
ryanty22 New Reader
4/15/14 11:27 a.m.

You should go see it, its much easier to say no after seeing the rusty beauty in person

fanfoy
fanfoy HalfDork
4/15/14 11:34 a.m.
ryanty22 wrote: You should go see it, its much easier to say no after seeing the rusty beauty in person

^^^This. Most E36M3ty cars look better in pictures than in the flesh, and when you go see it, you notice all those little details that don't show in the pictures, but can take a lot of time and money to fix.

But it CAN be a double edge sword, because sometimes they are better than expected.

One way or another, you'll have a clear picture, and can better make a decision. Whether you need it or not is irrelevant. You'll figure out the excuses in time.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xAEgcC44UkneAHcpVIez4HQmoq3Puk8tAnC5Dm0azTK2RPetGVlQMiGT6WSdrFCV