JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
11/28/14 1:31 p.m.

In the space of a few weeks, Andy Weir went from being and underground sensation for his self-published sci-fi survival story "The Martian" to a legitimate best-selling author with his book currently being made into an A-list motion picture. His tale of a stranded astronaut who must kludge, bodge and fabricate his way to survival immediately brought to mind our …

Read the rest of the story

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
11/28/14 1:33 p.m.

If you haven't read this book yet, do it now. Super fun podcast to do, especially after just having finished the book a couple evenings earlier.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/2/14 10:05 a.m.

Actually read this book over the summer (and really liked it). Looking forward to the movie.

vladha
vladha Reader
12/2/14 10:29 a.m.

In reply to stan:

Can't put the book down. The character has got a great sense of self depricating humor. I'm liking how he explains how and why he's doing everything without going PhD technical. Fun read.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/2/14 10:58 a.m.

I enjoyed the book for the most part, but I'm really not a fan of the first person perspective used in the book. I think I just found the main character a bit annoying and being trapped in his head for most of the book was tedious.

egnorant
egnorant SuperDork
12/2/14 2:25 p.m.

I got it last week for my Kindle. It was free on Amazon! I loved it and read the whole thing in 2 nights.

Bruce

PHeller
PHeller PowerDork
12/23/14 8:54 a.m.

Picked up the book last night and read 192 pages in a single sitting. Haven't read that much...well...ever.

NOHOME
NOHOME SuperDork
12/23/14 10:26 a.m.

Read it based on a recommendation in the OT board. It was a fun read.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RaEIPuvGLXqGwGBns9nu5PmRXzahB5LvcBuOjLrZaWC0aTIOUwOqadoey5Ia0vne